Spanish language labels for Character rig...

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Spanish language labels for Character rig...

Post by heyvern »

Would like some feedback on these labels. Sorry for the small size but in use you would be closer to them. I wanted to keep them small and unobtrusive but still readable.

This is just a basic layout of the text. In the final there will be bone "images" with them.

Please let me know if I've made a fool of myself with the spanish translations. ;)

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

it's exciting, is the first time that i don't feel excluded because of my language. :)

just few little things i would change.

first, "MUEVA CEJA" should be "MOVER CEJA"
and "ROTE CABEZA" should be "ROTAR CABEZA"
(when in spanish you say "mueva" or "rote", this is almost a mandate. when you say to somebody "rote su cabeza" or "mueva su hombro", he is something like forced to do it. "Mover" is the infinitive, it corresponds better to move.

"ARCH", should be "ARCO".

"OJO BOLAS", should be "PUPILAS".

that's all. i hope this be a new good business, you really deserve it.
tayete

Post by tayete »

selgin wrote:it's exciting, is the first time that i don't feel excluded because of my language. :)

just few little things i would change.

first, "MUEVA CEJA" should be "MOVER CEJA"
and "ROTE CABEZA" should be "ROTAR CABEZA"
(when in spanish you say "mueva" or "rote", this is almost a mandate. when you say to somebody "rote su cabeza" or "mueva su hombro", he is something like forced to do it. "Mover" is the infinitive, it corresponds better to move.

"ARCH", should be "ARCO".

"OJO BOLAS", should be "PUPILAS".

that's all. i hope this be a new good business, you really deserve it.
What he said :D

Post by heyvern »

Thanks! Great info.

The image in the original post is updated. You may need to refresh the page to see the new one.

It is amazing to me... languages.

I just... can't... understand what it must be like to know how to speak and understand a totally different language.

For me... trying to understand being bilingual... is like trying to understand infinity. It hurts my brain. And it's not the same as understanding Javascript or lua. ;)

p.s. Years ago when I was a child there was someone who went to my family's church. He knew 7 or 8 (12?) languages fluently. He could read the bible in the original language/s... Hebrew? Greek? He knew about all the odd misinterpretations and mistranslations through out the history of the bible. It always flipped me out to hear him explaining how certain words in the versions of the bible we used weren't... accurate in his opinion.

I have a cousin who speaks fluent German. Natives in Germany said he spoke it without an accent. (There is a REALLY funny story about him visiting Communist Germany as a student before the wall came down... he invited people to visit him in the states if the wall ever did come down... shortly after coming home... it did... and... they did. He became a US tour guide for a while.)

... and a cousin who teaches Spanish. And of course my mother knows some "Pennsylvania Dutch" as well (Raised Mennonite). I must have missed that "language" gene. I am envious of anyone who can understand more than one language. It seems like magic to me.

I think that is why I'm interested in doing this project in Spanish. I can at least pretend to be a man of the world. ;)

A long time ago (before the internet and bablefish) I found this fantastic little application that created biorhythm charts... it was in German though. I spent a few months changing all the string values and menus to English (you could do that with mac programs back then) using a German to English dictionary and some help from my cousin.

-vern
Touched

Post by Touched »

Well, if you really want to learn another language, I highly recommend the Pimsleur method. It worked for me!

Funny thing about "Pennsylvania Dutch", is that it's actually German (but you probably know that, if you come from there). The confusion with the name is because the language we call German, the Germans call Deutsch. The language we call Dutch, the Dutch call Nederlands.

As for the bible, it certainly depends on which manuscripts you go by, but the various books were written in Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic, and the oldest version of one or more books (i.e. Enoch) survived only in Ethiopian.
v_aviles

Post by v_aviles »

Touched wrote:Well, if you really want to learn another language, I highly recommend the Pimsleur method. It worked for me!
Pimsleur worked for me, too. It's a great method. My native language is Spanish, and I learned English at school (which is mandatory here in Puerto Rico), and last year learned Brazilian Portuguese with the Pimsleur method.

:lol:
Genete

Post by Genete »

Thanks for thinking on hispano hablantes people as potential users of your project.
Best wishes.
Genete