Slowing down a large chunk of animation

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Nephilim

Slowing down a large chunk of animation

Post by Nephilim »

Hi,

After I added a soundtrack to the first scene of my project, I noticed that everything went way too fast and if I added voice there would be no way to get the words in. Is there any easy way to slowdown/ space out the keyframes of a large chunk of animation without changing the frame rate?

Thanks.
~neph
Genete

Post by Genete »

Go to Menu -> Animation -> Rescale Keyframes.
Anime Studio Help wrote:With this command you can rescale a group of keyframes so that a portion of your animation takes more or less time. For example, you could rescale the range of keyframes from 30 to 60 to take twice as long by setting the start frame (and new start frame) to 30, the end frame to 60, and the new end frame to 90. (90 - 30 = 60, which is twice as long as 60 - 30 = 30)

To reduce the amount of time the animation takes (in other words, to speed it up), you could set the start frame (and new start frame) to 30, the end frame to 60, and the new end frame to 45. (45 - 30 = 15, which is half as long as 60 - 30 = 30)

You can also shift a section of your animation by changing the start time. For example, to shift the range of keyframes between 30 and 60, you could set the start frame to 30, the end frame to 60, the new start frame to 90, and the new end frame to 120. The duration will be the same (120 - 90 = 60 - 30), but the animation will take place between frames 90 and 120, instead of 30 and 60.

You can rescale a portion of the entire document by clicking the "Rescale entire document" checkbox. Or, if you just want to rescale the current layer, you need to select the animation channels that you want to be affected. For example, you may want to rescale the bone animation, but leave the layer rotation alone. The icons representing the various animation channels are described in the Timeline Window section.
Be careful. Save your work first.
Good luck
Genete
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Thanks for your reply, I actually want to only the beginning section of the animation where my character is walking across the screen. But, unless you are rescaling the whole document, it looks like you can't rescale bone keyframes. Any suggestions?
~neph
Nephilim

Post by Nephilim »

Nevermind, I get it.

First, you have to click on a layer to slowdown smaller portions. I ended up just slowing down the whole thing and tweaking the ones that were too slow.

Thanks again

P.S. I did save :lol:
~neph