chinchilla beta

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

chinchilla beta

Post by Víctor Paredes »

hi, i'm working in a new project, one of the principal characters is this chinchilla (which is something as a mouse with a squirrel tail, native from chile). sorry, but the gif is too fast.
i'm using rasheed's flipbybones script (thanks again, and thanks to genete who teach me how to use it) to reorder the ears and eyes according with the turn.
the bone with the "turn" label make almost all the work (using heyvern's technique in a humbler way). the mouth is animated by bones and i'm planning to use RamónLópez's "lypsync with actions" script.
the eyes will be animated by controlled bones too.

here is the file so far
http://www.freewebs.com/tazatriste/moho ... illa55.rar

thanks for feedback.
Touched

Post by Touched »

Looking good, even at the fast pace!
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ha ha -- looks good!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Genete

Post by Genete »

First of all thanks for share. It is a very interesting use of several thecniques at the same time. Congratulations. Best luck with your project.
Cheers!
Genete

PD: How did you achieve the correct values for bone constraints? just trial and error?
One remark. dynamcs for the whiskers should be peaced a little. The lower bone of the lower wishkers of the right have a different dynamic values that make it to bounce so much. Perhaps reduce a little more the values of the permitted angles should improve them (in my honest opinion of course)

Best wishes.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

Genete wrote:How did you achieve the correct values for bone constraints? just trial and error?
One remark. dynamcs for the whiskers should be peaced a little. The lower bone of the lower wishkers of the right have a different dynamic values that make it to bounce so much. Perhaps reduce a little more the values of the permitted angles should improve them (in my honest opinion of course)
yes, just trial and error, as life. but it's not too much work, to make all the head take two or three hours, no more. i have some problems with the wishker you said, i don't know why it moves different to the others (even if i give it the same values). i'm working on it. and, you are right, i have reduced torque value to all the wishkers and looks better.
the users of this forum are great, all what i know is info from here (another argument to the thread you started). i try to share all the files i can, maybe it could inspire some guy else.
Genete

Post by Genete »

selgin wrote:the users of this forum are great, all what i know is info from here (another argument to the thread you started). i try to share all the files i can, maybe it could inspire some guy else.
It is like a paradox: The more I give the more I obtain. :wink:
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Nice 2.5D rig selgin.