Freehand tool doesn't work?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

slowtiger

Freehand tool doesn't work?

Post by slowtiger »

I'm a bit lost on this right now and hope for someone out there with a clever idea.

My father (who is 73) uses AS as well and just phoned me (400 km distance) because he can't use the freehand tool anymore. I have checked every setting I could think of with him and found nothing wrong.

When he tries to draw a shape he only gets non-connected points. This happens with mouse and pen the same. Rectangle and circle tool work normally, the pen works perfectly in Photoshop.

Freehand tool settings are reset to default. Auto-close, -fill and -outline are checked. Display quality is set to medium.

Does anybody have a hint about where else to look and check?
Rhoel

Re: Freehand tool doesn't work?

Post by Rhoel »

slowtiger wrote:I'm a bit lost on this right now and hope for someone out there with a clever idea.

My father (who is 73) uses AS as well and just phoned me (400 km distance) because he can't use the freehand tool anymore. I have checked every setting I could think of with him and found nothing wrong.

When he tries to draw a shape he only gets non-connected points. This happens with mouse and pen the same. Rectangle and circle tool work normally, the pen works perfectly in Photoshop.

Freehand tool settings are reset to default. Auto-close, -fill and -outline are checked. Display quality is set to medium.

Does anybody have a hint about where else to look and check?
It's working fine on my Win XP - do you know which O/S he is on?

And is he using AS pro or lite? If it's the lite, is Freehand implemented.

Other than that, I have not idea.

Rhoel