Rigging

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

x-vishon

Rigging

Post by x-vishon »

Ok... I made a Character That has the Head on a switch layer. One switch is for Lip sync the other is for emotions and there is a switch in each to make them go. Now I want to rig the body. But I have no Idea how. Heres what I need to do.

1: Arms need to be in front of body and head
2: there is a hood behind the head

For me this is a problem. Is there any one that would look at the file and help me learn to rig this? Or a good Thread/tutorial/Already complete complex Vector character file to learn this from? The rig I need is more complex then the help docs.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Easiest way to rig your character is to put every separate limb in a vector layer inside a whole bone layer. For those ones (mouth eyes) that are under a switch layer you can insert them inside the main bone layer and attach them to a bone from the parent skeleton. For example the eyes should be binded to the head bone. For the hood you should separate it into as many parts go behind and front of the head. It is due that a shape could not be avobe and under another shape at the same time you should separate it into several ones. To make easier to organize you can put each part in a different vector layer and order it properly, Make use of the hide line tool to properly hide the union lines of different shapes. I think there are some character made in Anime Studio. You can check out File->Import->User movies->Squeaky_10sec. It is great.

Best
Genete