fixing timeline audio view cutoff

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

the switch

fixing timeline audio view cutoff

Post by the switch »

ok ok this is my last post, then I'll stop pestering, (I'v been very active on this forum for the past few days), anyhow

I am playing around with sound and music alot in anime studio and after getting it to work in flash I found a solution to an old problem, this was probibly posted by someone in the past

but here goes

in the timeline when the audio showes up visually and cuts off a a certain frame but still playes past that point you can easily fix this when syncing stuff to the visuall cue in the timeline by selecting a point past the cutoff area and re-import the same audio and the timeline will show more of your audio visually, though you will have to do this a couple times to get your full track in if its a long song etc

now I'm gonna save this in my favorites so I remember later, thanks for this forum, (I always lose text files on my comp but never bookmarks in my browser, thanks for this forum :D )
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

The problem with some (if not many) animators in this forum seems to be that they want to create animation on the fly, while really, there is an established order of things to do. Of course, this will never work in an animation team, because things keep changing faster than you can say "Errr".

Audio first, animation later. If you do that, you will not run in the problems you described. If you do it the other way around, you get animation like in the old Popeye days, where the voice actors were babbling to what they saw in finished (!) animation on screen. This was because they did animation first and then the audio. This has proven to be a cumbersome workflow. So avoid it if you can.