I forgot how to show audio in the timeline

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

the switch

I forgot how to show audio in the timeline

Post by the switch »

ok ok don't yell at me I'm sorry for thiis post,

BUT I'v looked and looked for this all over the forums and in the anime help file, I used to use moho and then stoped for a long time, now I can't figure it out in anime studio, my memory is a blank

I'm sorry for this stupid question

:oops:
Jimmy

Post by Jimmy »

Hi the switch,
Try:
In mainwindow (on top): Animation Menu: Select Soundtrack.
In manual: User Interface-> Menus -> Animation Menu.

Jimmy
rplate

Re: I forgot how to show audio in the timeline

Post by rplate »

the switch wrote: I'v looked and looked for this all over the forums and in the anime help file, I used to use moho and then stoped for a long time, now I can't figure it out in anime studio, my memory is a blank
:oops:
Nothing to it. Just go to >File< >Import<>Soundtrack< and look for your AIFF or WAV file.
I wish I knew what to do for sound in a flash export.
I can only get sound on Quicktime exports.
the switch

Post by the switch »

yea I'v done the above, many times actually and the audio won't show up in the timeline, like an image of the waves in the sound or music, it did this in moho and there was a key combination to turn it on or off
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I have no problems with soundtrack in AS, as long as I keep the sample frequency a multiple of 11.025 KHz (11.025, 22.050 or 44,100 KHz). If I use any other sample frequency, the sound will not be exported in SWF, only in QuickTime. I used a WAVE file format, but AIFF will work just as well.

(Mac OS X, 10.3.9, QuickTime Player 7.1.3).

Here are the files: I hope this helps.
Last edited by Rasheed on Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the switch

Post by the switch »

k I'll try changing the smaple frequency in another app and see if that does it
the switch

Post by the switch »

yea got it working, sorry about that, yes the sampleing was not compatable, I was skimming the docs because I know it all from moho so I must have missed that little detail, its been awile I forgot, thank you
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I'm glad you got it working.

My favorite app for resampling is Audacity (freeware). I changed the sample frequency of the original sound (48 Khz) and changed the tempo so, that the original play time was restored to 3 seconds.

Nevertheless, I saw that the SWF is played back slower than the MOV file, although I used the exact same export features. I don't know why that is.

Is it only on my computer, or does everyone hears the difference in pitch between the MOV and SWF?
the switch

Post by the switch »

ok ok I'm back

so yea about flash, I got the music to play with the visual in the timeline but can't export to flash and so, is there information about what EXACTLY qualifys as flash compatable sound or music .wav file

I'm using a sound conversion tool called switch and it gives me tones of options when converting to .wav format besides just smple frequency
the switch

Post by the switch »

ok so I downloaded your stepper source and imported the step sound (your file) into anime studio and exported to swf and wala. . . . no sound. . . . .???

now I'm really confused. . . .

mabe I missed somthing. . .

:?:
the switch

Post by the switch »

rasheed you soved my problem in another recent thread, problem solved
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

the switch wrote:ok so I downloaded your stepper source and imported the step sound (your file) into anime studio and exported to swf and wala. . . . no sound. . . . .???

now I'm really confused. . . .
For some reason it doesn't work, while it did work earlier. It must be bit rot ;)