Orbit tool - remember last setting

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Barry Baker

Orbit tool - remember last setting

Post by Barry Baker »

When I choose the Orbit Workspace tool (or OWtool from now on), Moho always resets to a view from way outside the working area. This is fine the first time I use it, but after I have gone back to camera view, I would like it to remember where I have moved and zoomed it to so I can go back to it again. What is more, I would like this to be saved with the scene, so next time I open it, I can carry on working from the same viewpoint.

In this scenario, RESET would send me back to camera view, but maybe ALT=Reset (ALT+Home) would reset OWtool to its default. It would also be great if I could do a render from this viewpoint, as often I use it to zoom in on areas that are rather small in the camera view.
7feet

Post by 7feet »

Hey Barry-
I'd tweak the script, but the position seems to be hardwired. If I can figure a way out, I will, but I think this one is up to LM. Because, as usual, I wouldn't mind it myself. If nothing else, I'd prefer it started from the camera view.

--Brian
Barry Baker

Post by Barry Baker »

7feet wrote: If nothing else, I'd prefer it started from the camera view.
Yes, that would be excellent too. It's always a bit irritating to be suddenly hurled way out into space when starting the orbit tool. More often than not you just want to go either a bit closer or a little further than the current camera view.