Make use of the available screen real estate

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Make use of the available screen real estate

Post by Rasheed »

I think most people do what I was doing (until a few minutes ago), using the standard layout AS offers for the project windows (through the menu: Window -> Arrange). However, you can make the main window as large as possible and shove the Timeline, Tool, Action, Layers and Styles windows underneath it, as shown in the screenshot below:

You simply drag the other windows in when you need then and drag them back underneath the main window when you don't need them. This way your drawing is as big as it can be, which is particularly handy if you're on a laptop (or older computer) with a small screen size.

BTW The full screenshot is on a Mac, with the Dock hidden (toggle visibility with Command Option D). On a Mac, if your right-handed, it is often more productive to put the Dock on the right (right-click on the dividing line between applications and documents and select "Screen Position -> right", or similar), so it will not show when you pick one of the AS windows to put it on or get it off the main window. For left-handed users, it is better to put the Dock on the left of the screen.
j0llyr0ger

Post by j0llyr0ger »

What would be a lot nicer would be if I could simply get the main view window to display in FRONT of the other windows.

Then I could make it almost fill the screen and just click in the exposed sliver of one of the tool windows I wanted to see in front.

The fact that everything doesn't quite fit comfortably on my weak old 1024 monitor is really annoying.
cribble

Post by cribble »

Also, for people with workflow problems.

http://www.yousoftware.com/desktops/desktops.php

Its a handy lil'bugger.
--Scott
cribble.net
LittleFenris

Post by LittleFenris »

You could also use a dual monitor setup like I do. Your timeline and tool bars and such can go in one monitor and the stage can be full screen on the 2nd monitor. Only issue I've run into is Moho/AS doesn't seem to remember all the window positions on the 2nd monitor when it starts up each time. I'm guessing I'm one of very few people who use dual monitors or they would have addressed this issue by now. Maybe I'll post on the forum in case they don't realize the issue exists.