Anime Studio's own color picker

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Rasheed

Anime Studio's own color picker

Post by Rasheed »

I'm sure experienced Anime Studio users already use this feature of the program, but although I have been using the predecessor of AS (Moho) since version 5.1, I never realized this handy "trick".

So, you have created two shapes with fill and outline and you want to copy the fill and outline of one shape to the other quick and easy. The normal way would be to use copy and paste in the Style window, but there is an easier way. This method also allows you to apply a style to many shapes, by simple mouse clicks.

1. With the Select Shape tool, click on the shape you want to pick the color from

2. To copy a color, click the shape again, but now with the <alt> key pressed down

Mac users should hold the Option key (same as Alt key) pressed down, and click the shape, while holding the Option key down.

3. To paste the color, click on the other shape(s), with the <alt> and <ctrl> keys pressed down

Mac users should hold the Option and Command keys pressed down, and click the other shape or shapes, while holding the Option and Command keys down.

You can copy as often as you like, as long as you don't use the copy/paste function, for instance to copy another shape from an existing shape.

However, remember to first select the shape you want to pick the color from, otherwise the <alt>-click will not copy the color to Anime Studio's internal paste board.

This is also a quick way to apply a prepared style to a lot of shapes. Simply apply a style to one of the shapes, by selecting that shape with the Select Shape tool, apply the style in the Style window, alt-click the shape (to pick the color--and style), and alt-ctrl-click the other shapes.

Couldn't be easier, I guess :D
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Great tip - thanks!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?