Exporting PSD files to AS to keep layers?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

touchdown

Exporting PSD files to AS to keep layers?

Post by touchdown »

I tried the script, can't remember where I found it in the forums, but it shows as an Adobe AE file, not PS.

Also, I'm using Photoshop 7: is this a problem? I don't see a script option under FILE.

Thanks
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

the script only works in photoshop cs.
IsraelRN

Script

Post by IsraelRN »

Hello,
This is my first post in this forum, i'm new to ASPro, i've just purchased the Pro version.

I'd like to know where can i get that script for PSD exporting.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
Israel RN
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

the files is there (or similar):
C:\Program files\e frontier\Anime Studio Pro\Extra Files\Export Layers To Anime Studio.jsx

you must copy and paste here:
C:\Program files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Scripts\
Lost Marble wrote:Here's the easiest way to work with Photoshop and Moho (AS). I whipped up a little export script for Photoshop that generates a PNG file for each layer, and a .moho (.anme) file to tie them all together. You can get it here:

http://www.lostmarble.com/downloads/Exp ... 20Moho.jsx

Put the file in Photoshop's .../Presets/Scripts folder, and you'll see a new "Export to Moho (Anime Studio)" command in the file menu. Run the script and you'll get a new Moho file ready to use.

Here's a tip: if you create a layer group in Photoshop that has several layers in it, but only one layer is visible, that group will be exported to Moho as a switch layer.

Enjoy!
touchdown

Post by touchdown »

Thanks Selgin, great post!

That switch layer trick will come in handy.
mudbubble

Post by mudbubble »

Ahhhhh! Wish I knew this or at least found it in the help docs - there's no mention of having to copy the plugin (I should have guessed). The site only mentions the plugin being included but no where does it say where it is or what to do with it.

Thanks.
myles

Post by myles »

For future readers searching the forum archives:

In the manual, it's hidden in the Reference section that nobody ever reads - after the first few tutorials, everyone seems too keen to actually start animating, like a kid opening a new toy. I know the feeling. :)

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx