Is there a benefit to exporting to quicktime -vs- avi?

Have you come up with a good Moho trick? Need help solving an animation problem? Come on in.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

touchdown

Post by touchdown »

Oh, what about ntsc-safe colors? can't find that in the help.
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

On the Export Animation.. menu there is a check box for Use NTSC-safe colors.

Reds are a nightmare for me... I always use really bad "reds" for video and need that check box. In the past I may have caused blindness and destroyed television monitors from the laser bright streaks and bleeding of overly saturated reds.

;)

-vern
touchdown

Post by touchdown »

LOL, my eyes!

Except for rendering a test with it checked is there any other way to see what will pass? If memory recalls, flash would let you know on the fly if your color wasn't working out.
LittleFenris

Re: MOV

Post by LittleFenris »

IsraelRN wrote:i'm a new user of ASP and can't tell what would work better, MOV export or still images for later compositing of the video.
Whenever you have the option to export frames as images do that instead of using movies. Your final edited piece can be exported to MOV or AVI for putting onto DVD or video, but always keep the pieces as single frames whenever possible. One reason its good is if you are exporting something and the computer crashes you only have to render whatever it didn't get to if you do single frames...if you were rendering a movie file you would have to start over the rendering process.