Rendering in OSX Version

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

korimickster

Rendering in OSX Version

Post by korimickster »

Hello, first post!

Just started playing around with AS... reading the tutorial and it is made for Windows. It says go to file>render, but this is not on the Mac version.

Any help?

Thanks!

-Corey
cribble

Post by cribble »

I swear it is! Thats really, erm, funny.

Try the shortcut 'apple'+'r' see if that works. That usually bring up the render window.

Also, do you have the main AS environment selected? It might be you've accidently selected the desktop or some other application before pressing the file->render button.

But otherwise, thats really odd. It shows up on my mac. What version OSX are you running?
--Scott
cribble.net
korimickster

Post by korimickster »

Hm. Tried apple+R. I think it might be because I have the trial version. Strange.

I'm running 10.4.8 on an Intel Macbook Pro.

By the way, is that a Marshall Modefour in your picture? I used to use one of those.
myles

Post by myles »

Oops - single-frame render is a feature in the Pro version, not in the standard version. The manual needs fixing - I'll let e-frontier know.

For the standard equivalent, do File --> Export Animation... --> set both start and end frames to 1, and select the export format of your choice (probably Quicktime on a Mac).

Regards, Myles.
"Quote me as saying I was mis-quoted."
-- Groucho Marx
cribble

Post by cribble »

By the way, is that a Marshall Modefour in your picture? I used to use one of those.
Its a Marshall '69 Superlead with purple tortex coverings! It's not mine ( :( wish it was), I had to use it for a gig, it's a super loud amp, and one of the most realistically versatile distortion I've ever heard - It sort of Pee'd over my friends Mesa Triple Rec!

You can sort of see it, was a bit dark.
--Scott
cribble.net