project Wild Thoughts

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

bakenius

project Wild Thoughts

Post by bakenius »

Hello everyone! I'm new here, although I've reading this forum regurally ever since I started using Anime Studio (Moho back then) during an animation internship.

Simply put, Anime Studio is now my application of choice for 2D animation projects, especially ones with short deadlines.

Anyway, I'm in final year school project and we've decided to use Anime Studio for the characters. So I've build an early test of the main character using solely vectors to convince my groupmates this might work.

I've got the character boned (including the hair) and used to 'interpolate sublayers' to smoothly swith between mouth- eye- and brow shapes. But ofcourse, this is just the start, it'll be more refined later on.

http://student-kmt.hku.nl/~leo1/emma/ma ... st_012.mov

I'm interested what you as experts think of my little test. I'll keep you posted of any progress on this project. :)
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Impressive! Keep us posted!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Awesome! Reminds me a bit of KIM POSSIBLE.

Very very cool. Love it.
Matt2fronteeth

Post by Matt2fronteeth »

That's a nice drawing, attractive colors. The animation is good too. Just a suggestion--try adding some damping to the hair and see if the animation as a whole works a little better.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

That's great done! I like the color scheme and the animation works very well I think, maybe the hair is a bit too loose
HotTaco

Re: project Wild Thoughts

Post by HotTaco »

Really nice!!

bakenius wrote:...used to 'interpolate sublayers' to smoothly swith between mouth- eye- and brow shapes.
Could you explain this a little more? I'm relatively new to AS, too. Are you using "switch layers" or are you morphing the vectors?

Thanks.
touchdown

Post by touchdown »

Nice color palatte.

The motion was smooth too.
Genete

Post by Genete »

Expresions are excelent drawings. I agree with hair previous comments. If you did it with bones perhaps add some dumping could be enough. If not then relax the extreme switch poses.

Comments:
-Static hair conection with moved hair must be fixed. Ther is some broken lines.
- Neck line thickness should be thinner.

Great work, man!.
I think she's ready to do alot of things! Come on! Post more!
bakenius

Post by bakenius »

Genete wrote:Expresions are excelent drawings. I agree with hair previous comments. If you did it with bones perhaps add some dumping could be enough. If not then relax the extreme switch poses.

Comments:
-Static hair conection with moved hair must be fixed. Ther is some broken lines.
- Neck line thickness should be thinner.
Yeah, I went a bit too wild with the hair in this, I agree. I'll be more careful in later tests.

That static hair - moveable hair connection proves to be a tricky one since it are separate objects, so almost impossible to connect the lines effectively.

But anyway, I have to rebuild the redesigned character of this next week, let's see if I can also improve it's Moho base.
Genete

Post by Genete »

For the animation I assume that you have this basic setup:
  • Group: The girl
    • Switch
      • Vector: The head (include static hair)
    • Switch
      • Vector: The moved hair
And so on.
I have a suggetion. You can put some moved har in same layer of static hair (perhaps behind the ear). So the transition between front and back is hidden with some hair in movement and problem is solve.
On the other hand you can have some static hair in background layer so ther should not be a broken line anymore.

Look my quick example.
http://es.geocities.com/genetita/moho/hairmove.moho.zip