a few questions

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

AlanPS

a few questions

Post by AlanPS »

1. I'm having trouble importing 3d objects from 3ds Max and Wings 3d. I have converted to obj but then nothing happens. I see a layer there but nothing is present. I played around with the outline to see if the normals were not flipped or something but no outline appears either. How do I import stuff from these programs? I know when you export it asks some questions, what options do I want to tell it?

2. Can you do separate scenes in Moho? I don't see any option for this. Do you just create a file, render it, then create another file and render it, and use some compositing program like Premiere or WMP to stitch them together?

3. And what about Papagayo? How do I import multiple lip-sync files when AS only seems to allow one soundtrack? Record separate tracks, papagayo them separately and use one bounced together track in AS?

Thanks
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

(2) No provision for scenes. You can either use one scene per project file, or use switch layers or camera movement to cut scenes in one big project file.

(3) You use sound in AS only for synchronizing animation to sound (typically lipsynch and special effects), and a sound track (typically music and ambient sound) is added in an external program. In Linux all sound is added in an external program, because Linux has no movie export (only image sequences for either compositing for film print, or video sequencing for TV or DVD).