Jaws

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DK

Post by DK »

MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

Thanks that worked.
DarthFurby

Post by DarthFurby »

Cool! My only gripe is that he looks like a friendly sidekick shark, not the bloodthirsty creature that dined on Robert Shaw.
DK

Post by DK »

http://www.errolgray.com.au/Jawsdemo2.anme

Here's a finished Jaws anme file, (outline only. add your own blood and guts!), using one main switch layer to control the sharks three sub layers. After point morphing the main shark file I divided it into 3xseperate layers just by cutting pasting the point data i needed from the main file for each particular move. Layer1-side, Layer 2-Turn, Layer 3-Swim. Now just apply the switch layers along the timeline and translate and scale the main switch layer to suit. This is all hand done from 2xphotos. No 3D objects were used just point dragging.

D.K
binus

Jaws

Post by binus »

Awesome.

DK u r great. I love it.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Great. Thanks for sharing.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Thank you for sharing this!
DK

Post by DK »

No problem. I'm happy to help. It just struck me that you could use this technique to trace photo's of faces to create smooth head turns.

Cheers
D.K
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i almost never use switch layers, i think this generally makes the animation fooler (my translator is not working, i don't know if fooler is really a word). but your example is a very intelligent way to work with it.
DK

Post by DK »

Here's a short movie test of the final shark anme file complete with colouring details.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbWA7vJBAS0

D.K
MikeHart

Post by MikeHart »

Cool, I like it.
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

Looks GOOD!
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

i saw the youtube file, it's amazing way using just vectors. the brights of the back looks wonderful. it's sad that you tube don't let me to see the video frame by frame.

did you change the .anme file?
i had a question about switch layers, but i hadn't time to write before, now i download the file again, and it seems to be different.

before you had several layers (two or three, i remember) inside a switch layer, right?
and the shark turning was one layer with this animated movement. well, i played with your file and i noted that the switch layer didn't work well, because the time in which you select to show the turning shark, should adjust to the turning cycle. if you create this keyframe in a wrong place, the movement didn't flow well.

it's hard to explain to me in english, i hope you understand. anyway, did you change the file or all i think i saw was an illusion?
did you decided to not use switch layers with this file?
DK

Post by DK »

Because everything is done with switch layers, the trick is to drag each actions switch layer keyframe along the timeline till you find the start frame of the action you're using. It takes a bit of tweaking but it's no big deal. If you wanted to make it easier to find the start frame of an action, just look at the amount of frames in the actions cycle and muliply this number till you get a start keyframe that's close to your insert point and drag the keyframe to this position. ie, if there's 27 frames in a cycle your keframe insert points for this action will be 1,,28, 54,80 and so on.

D.K
DK

Post by DK »

It's late and I think my mathematics in the last post are a little suspect but you get the drift. :oops:

D.K