the tired spider (long)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

cribble

Post by cribble »

Ok i've upgraded quicktime - not sure which version (its still V7.something though) and it still can't export. Can i download another video exporter for AS on the Mac?

Thanks
--Scott
cribble.net
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

I'm not sure what you're saying... if you want to export from ASP5 (cmd-E) you are presented with several codec/options to choose from-- and all work except the H264 and PNG (-the first only rendering one still frame and the latter isn't filling shapes for some reason...) So these are bugs that e-frontier nees to fix.. The codecs you see are based on the codecs you have access to on your MAC (QT). If you can't export an animation at this stage of the game using one of these, then there is something definately wrong with your ASP5 or your QT -- or something in your MAC's basic OS...

However, if you CAN export some kind of .mov file and you then can't drop that directly into QT and export it to H264 (if that is what you want if I recall from an earlier question)-- then there is something wrong with your QT7 and you should reinstall it.

IF-- you want an alternative to QT for converting a mov/file -- you can use Apple's Compressor2 --which does a great job at transcoding/compressing/converting files. If you have FCP or Motion or DVDSP-- you would have gotten this free on the disk.

Another alternative is to use Media Cleaner 6 (if you can find a copy) since that compresses/converts files nicely as well. (though it may not support H264). It was an old standard for compressing -- but Compressor1/2 has since replaced it and I don't know anyone who still uses it (except perhaps me on my older MAC's...) v6 was quite stable and does a decent job.

regards
cribble

Post by cribble »

Nope still can't export out of AS via the 'export' menu, but i'm getting successful results with the batch export. Its great that i've found a work around, but i would still perfer it to export from the actual export menu - definetly a bug.

To throw a small spanner into the works, I'm on an Macbook Pro (intel chip), could this be causing the problem?
--Scott
cribble.net
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

I suppose it could be the reason. I have a G5-- so, we'll have to have someone else to weigh in on this who has a MacIntel like you to see if ASP5 is working correclty on that platform.

I'm still waiting for for the afore mentioned items that are not working as stated in comment #1 of this post, namely:
Import Image Seq
Image Texture
Double-click opens the selected project- not default blank page
Save PNG stills properly (ie, filled shapes...)

There are reported problems with some apps not running 100% correctly on the MacIntel and the MacIntel likes the Universal Binary apps (yadda-yadda)--not sure if ASP5 is "universal"... and some coding has to be redone to take full advantage of the MAcIntell chips with some apps-- (and just wait 'til Leopard is released...) But if you're running the latest 10.4.8 -- you should be okay able to run ASP5 like the rest of us... Your issue is baffeling to me (that you can't export any kind of movie at all...)... If this a MacIntel issue on top of the rest of the MAC version issues, then e-frontier needs to be aware of this, and I'd contact them directly so they get on it...

So... who also has a new MAcIntel out there?
And what are you noticing re: ASP5?
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

Hi!

I'm running ASPro on an intel macbook, and I have no problems to export and no other problems except the thing about not being able to import multiply image sequences and it's impossible to import texture, all files are dimmed out ( this seems to be a problem on all different mac versions, intel and ppc.

It is reported as a bug.

I'm on osx 10.4.8 qt 7.1.3

btw, with moho 5.3 there is no such problems

ulrik
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Okay then... it's not the MAC platform but something in the ASP5 program code that needs to be tweeked for the MAC version. Let's hope SR1 (the fix/upddate) comes asap. Until then, we won't get to enjoy the program to it's fullest potential.