the tired spider (long)

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DVTVFilm

the tired spider (long)

Post by DVTVFilm »

Steinberg, S. (1998) Compilation of tRNA se- to act as a presynaptic inhibitor of gluta- antibodies stain the preprophase band, the
NOTE: There are two extremely long articles in this collection that contain untranslated words There are many online Indonesian dictionaries, if anyone cares to find the translation for these words:
binding assays (e.g. panning) and some functional areas, which are delineatedby differential expression of type II polymerization of monomers, for exam
large-scale purification of E. coli DNA- D. Naltrexone binds to the opioid and inactivates it. Analysis of cis-acting replication ele
Last edited by DVTVFilm on Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cribble

Post by cribble »

I have the same problem opening projects. It opens the start/blank page, rather than the actual selected items. Plus export to quicktime is gash - though i think it's V7's fault, not anime studio.
--Scott
cribble.net
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Must be your QT--- I have QT 7.1.3 Pro and have had no problems with it in relation to ASP5. (MAC G5, 4 GIG Ram , OSX- 10.4.8)

You might want to reinstall QT...
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

@DVTVFilm: Try exporting an AS movie that is longer than one frame with H.264. When I do that, I see that only one frame was exported. This certainly seems to be a bug related with the new QuickTime release.
ulrik

Post by ulrik »

I have the same problems, I'm using QT 7.1.3 too, osx 10.4.8 ppc g4 1.3ghz dual and the same problem on an macbbok intel dualcore 1.8ghz
ulrik
DVTVFilm

Post by DVTVFilm »

Interesting.... Rasheed is correct that an Anime>to>H264 file is resulting in a Single frame H264 QT file ----which indeed is a bug of some kind. (I didn't notice that before since I usually use the animation codec because I want the alpha channel...)

Yet, the regular Anime>to> QT (animation,Sorenson3 or other Codec) does result in the expected working movie file.

Take that file (the working one exported from Anime) --load that directly into QT and then tell QT to make the H264 file conversion --you do get the correct H264 movie QT file.

So, you can achive the H264 file directly in QT using any working Anime export.

So, is it a QT problem or an Anime problem? I'm not qualified to say. But it is intersting that QT works properly if it's the app making the direct H264 conversion...

And this being the case-- as a work-around until the real reason for this is discovered, I recommend that those who want the H264 file first export from anime via the Animation codec (since it's the most uncompressed) and then let QT make the H264 file... (Or use Compressor2, since that works great also...)

That's my thought at the moment, anyway....
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

DVTVFilm wrote: the Animation codec (since it's the most uncompressed)
Not so, the None codec is the most uncompressed.
oee

Re: Still waiting for Import Image Seq and Image Texture FIX

Post by oee »

DVTVFilm wrote:Still waiting for the following fixes on MAC version of ASP5....

Import Image Seq
I´ve also noticed that its impossible to import textures in ASP5. Very anoying as I am in the middle of a production. I realy hop for a quick fix!!
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

I have found a workaround!

Open Anime Studio and open a folder containing the images. Select the images you need in Finder and drag and drop them on the Anime Studio window. AS then ask you what you want to do with it for each image.

Of course, you'll still need to put the images into a switch layer, so it is not as fast as using a working image sequence import script. Perhaps someone can write a script to add a selection of image layers to a switch layer to speed this process up.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

DVTVFilm wrote: Import Image Seq
Here is a work around if you have moho, licenced or trial.
  • Open Moho
  • Import the images using the Scripts/image/Image image seq script.
  • Save a scene.
  • Open your AS.5 scene you where you need the images seq
  • file/import/Animo Studio Object.
  • Select the Moho Scene
  • A dialogue box opens, allowing you to select the switch layer.
  • Select and import.
Dome and dusted. It might seem kind of crazy but I have done this several times recently and its much faster than bringing all the images in by hand.

I have not tried doing a copy and paste of the script from Moho to AS-5 ... someone might like to try this - darn busy in this studio at present so I don't have the time to play.

Have fun

Rhoel
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Rhoel wrote:I have not tried doing a copy and paste of the script from Moho to AS-5 ... someone might like to try this
Done that. It doesn't work :(

If you don't have a copy of Moho, the method using Moho doesn't work, of course, because Moho can't be downloaded legally anymore. However if you google around, you will find some download sites that still have a local copy of Moho 5.4 downloadable as a zip archive, at your own risk, of course. I really don't like giving this advice, but the Mac version of AS is just a downgrade compared to Moho 5.4.
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Hi Rasheed,

Just discovered that if you name your images name000.png, name0001.png ... name0050.png, it works fine. It explains why the Max image sequence imported okay in Moho ... when I tried the same sequence in AS, I discovered it worked too without problems.

If you have scene123_image0000.png, it doesn't. It seems that the script is will read the first 123 in the filename and not use the 0000, 0001 etc.

So, Rule of thumb as usual is K.I.S.S., keep the naming simple and it works.

Rhoel.
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Rhoel,

The problem with this script is of a complete other order than you think it is.

Here are the screenshots for the same image sequence import script in Anime Studio (left) and Moho (right).

Image Image

In the AS version, the image files are greyed out and can't be loaded by AS. In Moho the script just works like you wrote. The Mac version of AS just has too many bugs in it.

BTW Here's the animation I made, using the image sequence import script in Moho 5.3:

click to watch the video on YouTube
Rhoel

Post by Rhoel »

Rasheed wrote:Rhoel,

The problem with this script is of a complete other order than you think it is.

Here are the screenshots for the same image sequence import script in Anime Studio (left) and Moho (right).

Image Image

In the AS version, the image files are greyed out and can't be loaded by AS. In Moho the script just works like you wrote. The Mac version of AS just has too many bugs in it.

BTW Here's the animation I made, using the image sequence import script in Moho 5.3:

click to watch the video on YouTube
Okay - I'm on PC so I didn't have the grey-out problem.

Since this is a script, maybe we should move this topic to scripting for one of the script kiddies to have a look at.

Regards,

Rhoel
Rasheed

Post by Rasheed »

Brian (7Feet) thought--and I do so too--that it is a general problem with the File open dialogue box for the Lua console. So while it applies to scripting, the problem can't be solved through scripting. The problem is in the source code of the Mac version of Anime Studio 5.5. Therefore, this problem qualifies as a bug in the program, which can only be solved by the developer of Anime Studio.