Musical Monsters in Moho

Want to share your Moho work? Post it here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Jeronimus

Musical Monsters in Moho

Post by Jeronimus »

The monsters below are based on the members of the Finnish Hard Rock band Lordi. Lordi won the Eurovision Song Contest 2006, which might be how I came to know them. I decided to give a try at drawing them in Moho...

The head of the lead singer; Mr. Lordi.

The lead singer, Mr. Lordi, completely. Using a lot of crappy shading effects. He's also missing some of the detail that's actually in his costume, but was slightly too complicated to draw.

Mr. Amen, the guitar player, his head. Image
No lipsynch has been added yet, but that will be coming sometime. I'm quite happy with how it looks. On this picture you see what it all looks like with shadows. The version below is one where all added effect have been deleted, which makes it looked rather silly.

Well, that's all followed by the torso. The golden thingy's were created using a gradient effect, but I'm not completely happy with their outcome. The ribs were also pretty difficult, I just didn't know HOW to do them. This was the attempt, and well, it's decent enough. I'm VERY happy with the belt myself.
The arms were more difficult. I wanted to make them look muscled, but I'm not sure if that'd be correct. Anyway, I did it, and it looks good. Except when you compare it to the Mr. Lordi drawing, because his arms are tiny.
I think I lost my patience on the legs, especially on the shoes. I really don't have any pics that close up on Amen's boots, despite the fact that I really needed those. Well, if I find any, I'll redo the boots.

More to come... feedback is VERY VERY welcome