What it is with Moho...

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

heyvern

Post by heyvern »

zlimbot,

I don't work for EF... if I did... I would own a car with air conditioning.
Read my other response in the Anime Studio-release date thread.

-vern
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

well, if they are 1-0, would be fair that toontoonz show us some of his work too.

that's interesting.
wizaerd

Post by wizaerd »

I am a hobbyist, pure and simple. I have never worked professionally in any animation or broadcast industry, with the exception of radio. I have used Moho before, but it eventually overwhelmed me in it's complexity. Perhaps complexity isn't the correct word, because I agree with many others here, it is easy to use. Easy to use for simple animations, not so easy once the animations or elements become more complex. Bone layers, groups layers, etc... switching layers... all very simple in theory, but in practice, when combined, really becomes frustrating.

My biggest problem is I'm interested in telling stories. I'm not at artist, I don't draw well at all. I've played around with 3D, but couldn't model a decent looking character if my life depended on it. I grasp the methodologies of animation well... anticipation, look ahead, follow through, etc... but without modeling skills, I couldn't tell my stories because I had no characters.

I have the same problem in Moho. I have stories I want to tell and present, but I have to draw the characters. My lack of drawing skill has hindered me tremendously in that regard.

I've recently come back to Moho to try my luck again, but in all reality, I'm not holding my breathe... Perhaps it's just one of those dreams that surpasses my capabilities...