File crashed can I fix it?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

dial-a-cliche

File crashed can I fix it?

Post by dial-a-cliche »

Hi all I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm asking in the right place.

One of my files gives this error whenever I try to access it:

Could no open file.
Error details:
Read error at line 1. In code file C:\Documents and Settings\Mike Clifton\My Documents\Develop\Im_tree\lib_moho\mohodoc.cpp, line 148.

What's it all supposed to mean? I tried searching for the file above but I couldn't find it. I have no such thing as a Mike Clifton folder on my computer to start with.

Oh yea, this error first occured on my old computer first but since I was switching computers I thought everything would go okay, it didn't. I installed Moho from scratch on my new computer but just carried over my files.

Does someone know how to recover my file?

Thanks,
dial-a-cliche
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

The error you are seeing is coming from the source code of Moho.

On the computer you are moving to, did you do a fresh install of Moho?

Also, the best way to copy over your files is zip them up. I would try this to make sure to get all of the "bits".

jorgy
dial-a-cliche

Post by dial-a-cliche »

Yes I did a fresh installation of Moho.

Is there a way to fix the source code?

thanks,
dial-a-cliche
jorgy

Post by jorgy »

The problem is actually with your moho file. If zipping it up and copying it over to the new box doesn't fix your problem, maybe you can post it here and we can help try to get it back. Moho is unable to load your file because it is corrupt (that is my best guess). Hopefully we can see what is wrong with it and maybe get some of your work back.

jorgy
dial-a-cliche

Post by dial-a-cliche »

Thank you, jorgy, for your suggestions. I'm really sorry that I haven't replied earlier, been very busy this week.

I unfortunely cannot zip up and unzip the file since the old computer is gone (my distance education school provides my computer and they wanted it back for the summer).

Still I don't think that would have fixed it since the file was corrupted before it was moved, but we won't know now. I'm looking at posting it here but don't have the time right now.

till then,
dial-a-cliche