hello....photoshop?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

One little tip I learnt a while back -- if you are saving this file out of Notepad, put it between quotes like this "script.jsx" -- this stops Notepad from sticking .txt on the end of everything. Good to know.
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

There is no file. It is all in code. The link opens a window filled with code.
You'll know when you get there! My Dad
jahnocli

Post by jahnocli »

ingie01 wrote:There is no file. It is all in code. The link opens a window filled with code.
Yeah, but you can use the File menu option at the top of the browser to save the file, can't you?
You can't have everything. Where would you put it?
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Ah,hah! I will give that a try. Thanks everybody!
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

Right click on the link and Save target as... or Save to file... or Save link... what ever it says when you right click on a link.

This is MUCH safer than saving the web page as the file... in my opinion anyway... you get the actual file rather than... letting the browser "do stuff" to it when it saves the page.

-vern
ingie01

Post by ingie01 »

Thank you Vern. That worked.
It probably has to do with me not knowing windows! :oops:
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

finally i got photoshop cs.
the script works wonderfully.

it should be as a link at the lostmarble page.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

ok, i answer myself

from efrontier page:
Adobe Photoshop Integration - Import layered PSD files using a Photoshop plug-in that converts files to Anime Studio format, included free with Anime Studio Pro.
Marieke

Post by Marieke »

This would be so great if it worked!
In my scripts folder, the scripts all end on .js, so i changed the jsx.txt (double extension) to .js. And now the 'export to moho' line appears in the menu. But when i try it, i get this error...

Error 8: Syntax error.
Line: 4
-> #target photoshop

I don't know what this means, but maybe you can have a look at it?
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Lost Marble wrote:Here's the easiest way to work with Photoshop and Moho. I whipped up a little export script for Photoshop that generates a PNG file for each layer, and a .moho file to tie them all together. You can get it here:

http://www.lostmarble.com/downloads/Exp ... 20Moho.jsx

Put the file in Photoshop's .../Presets/Scripts folder, and you'll see a new "Export to Moho" command in the file menu. Run the script and you'll get a new Moho file ready to use.

Here's a tip: if you create a layer group in Photoshop that has several layers in it, but only one layer is visible, that group will be exported to Moho as a switch layer.

Enjoy!
Hi Mike,

I am wondering, does this script work with After Effects? I have 6.5 pro and when i downloaded the script, it says its an after effect script.

Thanks
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Marieke wrote:This would be so great if it worked!
In my scripts folder, the scripts all end on .js, so i changed the jsx.txt (double extension) to .js. And now the 'export to moho' line appears in the menu. But when i try it, i get this error...

Error 8: Syntax error.
Line: 4
-> #target photoshop

I don't know what this means, but maybe you can have a look at it?
I got the same error...:(

Im using Photoshop CS
heyvern

Post by heyvern »

I know nothing about Photoshop CS scripting... however... it sounds to me like a path problem.

If you look at the plugin with a text editor, check to see if there is a path to the Photoshop application.

Make sure the path is correct. Some people don't install Photoshop in exactly the same place... or maybe it is a different drive letter... who knows... just guessing here.

-vern
Patmals

Post by Patmals »

Thanks Heyvern,

I looked at the script in notepad (windows) and the only i got it to work (thogh i am not sure if it is working as good or worse than it should) is to delete to lines of code

one being the #target photoshop

and the next line of code which is rem'd as not opening on top of application (or something? my programming skills are total rubbish)

I will try something with the target though.. as you have suggested.. fingers crossed..

Oh, i installed Photoshop CS in its default path (as specified when installing)
Mikdog

Post by Mikdog »

Dude, it's almost criminal more people don't know about this script.

Seriously.
Fredoray

Post by Fredoray »

After wrestling with the supplied Script and the Moho one provided on this thread I finally figured it out and here's what I did (on a Mac)

I took the supplied Script and changed it to .txt and opened it and literally erased Line:4 "target photoshop" -- changed it back to .js and tried again... still didn't work but the error message had now changed to something like "line 7 - bring app to front" is not a command"

I changed the Script back to .txt and opened it again and sure enough I counted down 7 lines of text from the top and it said "bring app to front" -- I erased that line of text as well. Closed up and changed it back to .js

End of my problems. Everything seems to be working fine.

The error message is basically telling you what line of text is bugging it. Go in and delete the offending text and you're good to go.
Fred