When rendering the moho file, a floating framerate is obtained.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Borchc

Post by Borchc »

It can be 25.52 frames
or 25.12
or 25.78
Different numbers, in short, whatever she wants.
What factor influences it is generally unclear

Does anyone have an understanding of how to solve this?
Greenlaw

Re: When rendering the moho file, a floating framerate is obtained.

Post by Greenlaw »

If you're using the Apple ProRes option, I think this is caused by a variable frame rate setting inside the codec. Apple iPhone videos do this, and it makes me nuts when editing footage exported from the phone--the playback looks fine, but the footage's frame rate is all over the place, which makes it difficult to use for effects and animation work. Unfortunately, there's no way to change this in the iPhone, and I suspect it's what's happening here.

To solve the variable frame rate issue with my iPhone footage, I'm using a commercial program called NeoFootage AI, but I've read of people using the free HandBrake utility to fix the video.

Re: what you're seeing, I don't know if this is what's happening for a fact, so hopefully, Victor or Mike can share some info.

My best suggestion for Moho is to render to PNG Image Sequence and compile the footage to video in another program. This is a fairly common practice for any 2D or 3D animation program. (I use After Effects or BMD Fusion, and there are free utilities that can do this.)