100 Brush Content Pack

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

starstriker32

100 Brush Content Pack

Post by starstriker32 »

Hello, I just recently bought Moho and decided to buy one of the Character packs for practice and the 100 Brush Content pack.
I set up my Custom Content Folder in My Documents and the Brushes are in there but when I open Moho and Click into Brushes I only see the standard ones listed.
I have never been very good with computers so I'd say I have done something wrong or am missing something but if any one could point me in the right direction
that would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.
Greenlaw

Re: 100 Brush Content Pack

Post by Greenlaw »

I've never purchased a content pack, but I imagine you should have received a download link to a file containing the content. The link is probably in an email sent by the vendor.

The download is probably a .zip file that you'll need to unpack. After unpacking the brush files, copy the files to the Brushes folder in your Custom Content folder.

When you launch Moho, the new brushes should appear in the Brush Settings window.

I'm just guessing, but based on what you wrote, that's my best guess.
starstriker32

Post by starstriker32 »

Thankyou for the reply.

Yeah that's what I thought, like you said I got a the download link in an Email after purchasing it. So I downloaded it and clicked the unzip button then saved it to the Custom
content folder (that's in My Documents) They're all in there but they just don't seem to show up in the brush folder when I open the Moho Pro Program?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

By 'brush folder', do you mean in the Library? Assuming these are the standard .mohobrush brushes, you shouldn't see them in a 'brush folder' there. They should appear in the Brush Settings window along with the other Brushes.

If you don't see them in the Brush Settings window, make sure Moho is pointing to the correct content directory. You can check this by selecting Open Custom Content Folder. If this isn't the folder where you stored the brushes, then you need to either move the files to this content folder or re-point Moho to the intended Custom Content Folder. You do this from the bottom of the first tab in Preferences.

For example, here's my custom content folder and Brushes folder...

I have only one custom brush installed at the moment, and this is what it looks like in the folder...

This brush appears at the end of the list in the Brush Settings screen cap shown above. This custom brush is a flipped version of the stock brush right in front of it. So, any brush files you put in this folder should show up at the end of the list.

Hope this helps.

If not, can you point me to the product page where you purchased the Brushes? I want to be sure we're talking about the same thing.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun May 05, 2024 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I found the page: 100 Brushes Content Pack

Yeah, I'm pretty sure these are standard .mohobrush and .png files, so if you place them in the Brushes folder in the Custom Content Folder, they should appear in the Brush Settings window the next time you launch Moho.
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

I am curious, did anyone find a solution to this, it's stumping me too.
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

After playing around with it a bit I found a solution. I put all the new brushes without the folders in the brushes folder but it wouldn't show even after a reboot. So I saved a new extra brush in the brush settings and reloaded the brushes when asked. All the brushes will show including the duplicate extra brush then I just deleted the extra brush.
starstriker32

Post by starstriker32 »

Thankyou both for helping out.
I checked to see that they were all in the content folder and they were but they still weren't showing then I tried putting all the Individual files in the main brush folder like you said NanotechBeasts and reloaded and they were suddenly there. Thankyou again for that, as I said, I'm terrible with computer so never in a million years would I have thought to do those things.
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

I am glad it's working for you too now. I am decent with computer but I was hitting a wall too and I was really excited to use those fancy brushes ! : )