Moving the contents folder to another?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Moving the contents folder to another?

Post by SuperSGL »

To avoid confusion I want to point my content folder to moho pro 14 instead of what I have presently in Moho Pro 13. But I have scripts already installed in the 13 folder. Can I just move all those files and folders (my stuff that I added) to the moho Pro 14 folder and delete the moho 13 folder?
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Re: Moving the contents folder to another?

Post by Greenlaw »

The risk with that is some scripts created for 13.5 and earlier are incompatible with Moho 14.x. But if you take some precautions, it doesn't hurt to try.

First, make a duplicate of your Moho 14.1 content folder and call it Moho14_Default or Moho14_BU (for Backup.) This will give you something to fall back to if you mess something up.

Now, you can copy the Scripts folder from the 13.5 content folder to your current Moho 14.1 content folder. This will include Menu, Tool, and necessary resources used by the scripts.

If you have other custom content, like brushes or templates, you can copy those folders over too.

I would do this incrementally, just to be sure you're not breaking something for Moho 14.1. After copying each folder, press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L to load the changes and then test them before copying over the next 13.5 folder.

Finally, be careful about copying over any mods. Some tools a tool mod is meant to replace could have been updated for 14.1, and the mod will prevent you from using the newer version of the tool. In some cases, the newer version of the tool might even make the mod obsolete.

After I get a custom content folder I'm happy with, I'll back it up.

Hope this helps.
SuperSGL

Re: Moving the contents folder to another?

Post by SuperSGL »

Thank you. I don't use to many scripts and most of them have been updated and are working in 14.1 But like you said just in case I'll back it up and do those one at a time. I came across this when I created a new brush and it wasn't showing up (I automatically put it in the 14 folder). Thanks again!
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations