Vitruvian Bones switch but the vector layers that are connected do not switch

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Vitruvian Bones switch but the vector layers that are connected do not switch

Post by Panha »

Hello everyone,
I have a problem with vitruvian bone. I want to create a switch foot by using vitruvian bone. I am working with vector layers and uses point binding. The problem is that when I tried to switch the vitruvian bone group, vitruvian bones switch but the vector layers that are connected do not switch. All layers are visible and only the bones are switched, (visible and invisible). Does anyone know the problem?
synthsin75

Re: Vitruvian Bones switch but the vector layers that are connected do not switch

Post by synthsin75 »

Point binding alone will not work for vitruvian bones.

You either need to bind the layer to the bone or use Bone>Link Bones to Layer, to bind to selected bones only.
Then you can also do any point binding needed on top of that.
Panha

Re: Vitruvian Bones switch but the vector layers that are connected do not switch

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:31 am Point binding alone will not work for vitruvian bones.

You either need to bind the layer to the bone or use Bone>Link Bones to Layer, to bind to selected bones only.
Then you can also do any point binding needed on top of that.
Oh! thank you very much. I have never known that two binding methods can work together without interfering one another. Before when I used point binding I disabled any binding methods from that layer and when I used flexibinding, I did not use point bainding. Thank you, this is a new experience for me. :)
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Layer binding does stop point binding, but Link Bones to Layer does not. As long as you're using one of the linked bones for point binding, they will not conflict.
Panha

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 6:39 am Layer binding does stop point binding, but Link Bones to Layer does not. As long as you're using one of the linked bones for point binding, they will not conflict.
Thank you. :)