How to use Stroke Exposure to start at the point we want?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

How to use Stroke Exposure to start at the point we want?

Post by Panha »

Hi, I rarely used the Stroke Exposure tool before. Today I created a new character and thought that the tool would be great to hide the stroke (animated hide and show the stroke). However, while I was using the Stroke Exposure tool, I noticed that I could not start to hide the stroke from my desired point. It starts to hide the stoke from some other points that I don't need. Is there any ways to start hide the stoke from my desired point?
Greenlaw

Re: How to use Stroke Exposure to start at the point we want?

Post by Greenlaw »

Stroke exposure starts with the first point created in the curve. While it's possible to reset the start point in a curve, it's easier to install and use this third-party tool by SimplSam...

https://mohoscripts.com/script/ss_curve_exposure

Update: See the next post for how to reset the start point manually.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I had to check how I used to manually reset the Stroke Exposure start point before SimplSam created his script. The trick is to delete an edge, and then reconnect the edge. Where you start the re-connection becomes the new start point for the stroke exposure.

Like this...

Pretty easy, but SimplSam's script is still easier.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jiyahana

Post by Jiyahana »

Hey hi, you should reset the start point by deleting and reconnecting an edge. The point where the reconnection occurs becomes the new start point for the stroke exposure and please go through the official documentation you can get better information.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Thank you everyone for the answer. I tried using the script, however I don't see any different between the third party script and the default one. However, I just know that it works from the starter point. I have never noticed that each drawing should be thinking of starting point if I want to use stroke exposure tool. This is a new experience for me. I'll read the official document for me information. Thank you. :D
Panha

Post by Panha »

I hope that for the next and next update, we will have the ability to custom select the point where we want the stroke exposure to start. By deleting the edge, we have to refill the fill to make the shape back. I tried using the third party script, but I don't know why it work just like the default script.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

What Greenlaw explained (and Jiyahana) works without a script and is very easy to implement, depending on the curve you may have to re adjust it but that's it. Don't forget using the Alt key reverses the stroke exposer
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

Panha wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 6:14 pm I hope that for the next and next update, we will have the ability to custom select the point where we want the stroke exposure to start. By deleting the edge, we have to refill the fill to make the shape back. I tried using the third party script, but I don't know why it work just like the default script.
With the ss_curve_exposure (3rd party) script, you just need to Ctrl-click the new start point.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam