Move points from multiple layers

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

MehdiZangenehBar

Move points from multiple layers

Post by MehdiZangenehBar »

Let say I have several layers with several shapes inside them. I want to move some points from multiple layers at ones. How I could do that?
BigBoiiiJones

Re: Move points from multiple layers

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

Surprisingly this isn't supported officially yet however there is a script for it: https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36044 it works for versions 12.5, 13.5, and 14.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I use these two scripts:

Multilayer Transform

Multilayer Magnet
MehdiZangenehBar

I just installed the plugin, but the icon is not appear, seems not updated for Moho 14.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

MehdiZangenehBar wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:56 pm I just installed the plugin, but the icon is not appear, seems not updated for Moho 14.
They should both work...I use both tools in Moho 14.1 almost every day. Be sure to install the scripts correctly.

Some users like to use the Install Script command under the Scripts menu, but I prefer to install scripts manually to be sure the script is installed correctly.

To install a script manually...
1. In Moho, open File > Open Custom Content Folder.
2. If nothing happens, this means you haven't set a Custom Content Folder yet. You can set this in the Preferences at the bottom of the first tab.
3. Once you have your Custom Content Folder open, navigate to the Scripts folder. This is where third-party script files are installed. (Note: DO NOT install third-party scripts in the Programs folder. The Program folder is for native scripts, not third-party.)
4. Third-party scripts usually come organized in their intended folder structure, so just drag the folders to their parallel locations.

For example, A Evseeva's Multilayer Magnet tool comes with a Tool folder, so just drag this Tool folder into the Scripts folder. When Moho is launched, it will know to load the script from here.

Some scripts may have additional folders to drag over, like ScriptResource or Utility. SimplSam's Multilayer Transform tool, for example, has two folders to drag over...

But most scripts have only the Tool folder (containing the script file and a button icon.)

To load the script and tool button into Moho you need to either quit and relaunch Moho, or press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+L. The latter method can be quicker when you're installing or testing multiple scripts. Once the script is loaded, it will appear in Moho.

Note that some tools only appear contextually; that is, they only appear in situations where they are useful. For example, vector editing tools only appear when a vector layer is selected.

Hope this helps.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:17 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

BTW, the Install Scripts command should work with any scripts from mohoscripts.com. Be sure to download using the Download for Install Script Command button. (I use this option even for scripts that will be manually installed.)
MehdiZangenehBar

Thank you, the script command works. now I have another two probelms.
First, For the transform tool, I need to go over all layers one by one, select all points, and then I can select all layers and the tool works on all points. I can't select all layers and ctrl+A to select all points.
Second, The Magnet dosn't work at all, only on active layer.
I just restarted Moho and tested several times with different layers and shapes.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

With the Multilayer Transform tool, first select all the layers you wish to edit, then press Ctrl+Alt+A to select all points. If you only want to select some points in all selected layers, Ctrl+drag lets you marquee select the points. (More info can be found in the instructions here: Multilayer Transform)

With Multilayer Magnet Tool, enable the Multi Layer option. Now when you select multiple layers, the Magnet will affect all the layers. I think this option will persist after enabling it once; it's probably off by default because, normally, you only want to affect the current layer. Also, pay attention to the Selected Points Only option. This is a super useful option, but it can be confusing if you aren't aware of which mode it's in

I hope this helps.