Importing MoCap-Data?

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

DrNibbert

Importing MoCap-Data?

Post by DrNibbert »

Hello :-)

Has anyone ever imported MoCap-Data (for example from Rokoko or Mixamo) into Moho? (Bones/FBX?)
Of course there must be some kind of reprojecting 3D-Vectors onto a 2D-Plane in between.
Has anyone found a good script or workflow?
Thanks a lot!

Thomas
Showreel 2018 https://vimeo.com/254290989 - Moho 12.5.1, macOS 10.10, Adobe CS6
toddwaddington

Re: Importing MoCap-Data?

Post by toddwaddington »

It's a topic that comes up from time to time, but generally isn't fully supported for a number of good reasons. Moho has a rich history in creating traditional 2D (some 3D effects, but not true 3D) animation. With the inclusion of excellent vector tools it makes for a very robust "cartoon" animation software. Adding MoCap features has been a controversy in the community because it robs the creator of the animation process. However, things have a way of catching up and eventually what was frowned on yesterday becomes tomorrow's eventuality.

So, all this said, there is a thread which includes a script to allow BVH import. I don't know anything about it, but your post made me curious to see where we were at this point. The thread is from 7 years ago, so I'm not sure how or if this script would work in Moho 14. I would definitely do some more research before proceeding. I've been playing with Moho for years and still very much an amateur. My problem is I have too many interests and am easily distracted. But I think it is the best bang for the buck for all that it does.

I use it most to create *small* animated pop outs and stickers with alpha channels for video, gif, etc. Entertainment. Do some digging, let us know what you find. Here is a link to that BVH thread:

viewtopic.php?p=175068&sid=797e24776a29 ... 90ff6de938
DrNibbert

Re: Importing MoCap-Data?

Post by DrNibbert »

Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction, that script is exactly what i was looking for. Awesome what SimplSam created there!

I'm still using Version 12, so that a lucky coincidence :-) But unfortunately i cant tell anything about the compatibility with newer releases.

Haha, i know the struggle too well of beeing too enthusiastic about many different ideas and hopping from project to project - i guess as long as there are no clients involved, the best thing to do is just enjoy the process :-)
Thats why i got interested in motion capture - because i'm much too impatient for animating :-D
Showreel 2018 https://vimeo.com/254290989 - Moho 12.5.1, macOS 10.10, Adobe CS6