Lock bone jump from its position when unlock during the animation.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Lock bone jump from its position when unlock during the animation.

Post by Panha »

I found that using lock bone is much quicker and easier than using target bone. However, target bone seems to have more control than lock bone. When we lock a bone and then we unlock it during the animation, the bone jump from its position to another. It happens even when we have the lock bone assistant turned on in the preferences. Is there any solutions or tips for this?
I love target bone, and most of the time, I face challenging during the animation that I found that lock bone is quicker by just select the bone and lock it. It I want to use target bone, I may need to go back to frame 0 and create new bone for the target and then come back to animation, that is why most of time, I use lock bone. :D
synthsin75

Re: Lock bone jump from its position when unlock during the animation.

Post by synthsin75 »

I've never seen problems with bone locking while assist is enabled. Do you have a specific example or file?
Panha

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:21 am I've never seen problems with bone locking while assist is enabled. Do you have a specific example or file?
When I'm free I will make the video about it and show it here. It is kind of jump from its position in the middle of animation when I unlock the bone.
Panha

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:21 am I've never seen problems with bone locking while assist is enabled. Do you have a specific example or file?
Sorry for taking too long to record the video. I have just been back to my office. Please check the video.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/2zyuztEpbcA[/youtube]
https://youtu.be/2zyuztEpbcA
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Okay, I see now.

What you want to do is go one frame after your last bone keyframe to unlock the bone. This way auto-assist works as expected.
Panha

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 6:06 pm Okay, I see now.

What you want to do is go one frame after your last bone keyframe to unlock the bone. This way auto-assist works as expected.
Is it the way lock bone with auto assist work? Then how can we make the bone stay without jumping from the previous position where it is locked?
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I'm not sure I follow.

You generally want to have the bone chain keyframed where one of its bones lock and the bones keyframed the frame before it unlocks.
If you lock/unlock a bone in between keyframes, it will jump into the existing interpolation. So lock/unlock need to be treated like freeze keyframes.
Panha

Post by Panha »

synthsin75 wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:57 am I'm not sure I follow.

You generally want to have the bone chain keyframed where one of its bones lock and the bones keyframed the frame before it unlocks.
If you lock/unlock a bone in between keyframes, it will jump into the existing interpolation. So lock/unlock need to be treated like freeze keyframes.
Thank you, ❤️