How to view Thumbnail Previews in Finder with V14?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

lazyroll

How to view Thumbnail Previews in Finder with V14?

Post by lazyroll »

If I'm correct V12 supported this feature, is it just me or for everyone now Moho files doesn't show thumbnails?
Hoptoad

Re: How to view Thumbnail Previews in Finder with V14?

Post by Hoptoad »

lazyroll wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:09 pm If I'm correct V12 supported this feature, is it just me or for everyone now Moho files doesn't show thumbnails?
I'm an a Mac computer and mine doesn't.

Windows users can see thumbnails, though.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I haven't seen file thumbnails, even on Windows, since v12. If I reinstall v12 and change the file association to match, it works, but as soon as I set Moho files to open in a different version they quit working again.

Victor once mentioned something about cleaning a bunch of stuff from the registry, but without specifics, I'm not about to start deleting registry entries just in the hopes that I can get thumbnails working again.

And I guess they work for other Windows users. But even on a new computer that only ever had 13.5 and 14 installed, they've never worked.
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

We found a solution for the macOS thumbnails. They will be back in the next update.
For Windows it has been a bit trickier (thumbnails work, but they could stop working if you install two or more versions of Moho), but we are working on it.
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:00 pm We found a solution for the macOS thumbnails. They will be back in the next update.
This is great news! :D
Panha

Post by Panha »

lazyroll wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 2:09 pm If I'm correct V12 supported this feature, is it just me or for everyone now Moho files doesn't show thumbnails?
I had that problems several times. I all the time solved the problem randomly. Sometimes I uninstalled all the versions, and reinstalled only one version. But that sometimes does not work. Sometimes after uninstallation, I went to clear everything related to Moho in AppData, then installed again carefully. If that methods does not work, I use a third party app called PictInst. It is an opensource file thumbnail viewer and easy to use. We don't need any configuration. We just need to install it.
lazyroll

Post by lazyroll »

Víctor Paredes wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 7:00 pm We found a solution for the macOS thumbnails. They will be back in the next update.
For Windows it has been a bit trickier (thumbnails work, but they could stop working if you install two or more versions of Moho), but we are working on it.
Thank you! Very exciting news!
Steve Matthew

Post by Steve Matthew »

lazyroll wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:37 pm
Thank you! Very exciting news!
Thankyou for update and exciting news :)
Last edited by Steve Matthew on Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

I have edited Steve Matthew's post to strip out an embedded link that they added to the quoted text.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Belgarath wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:15 am I have edited Steve Matthew's post to strip out an embedded link that they added to the quoted text.
GASP! I've seen "Belgarath" at the top of every thread, but I've never seen a post by this moderator. I feel both confused and amazed, like the time I saw an albino squirrel.
Belgarath

Post by Belgarath »

Hoptoad wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:12 pm GASP! I've seen "Belgarath" at the top of every thread, but I've never seen a post by this moderator. I feel both confused and amazed, like the time I saw an albino squirrel.
*Goes back to his cave to hide*