Never Used Particles

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

NanotechBeasts

Never Used Particles

Post by NanotechBeasts »

Okay I have never used Particles and while I guess I could do everything manually, I think particles would be pretty useful to learn for my current project. I am still on Anime Studio Pro 11. I want to upgrade but can't afford to do so yet so sorry. I know Particle effects approved in later versions.

My current project as many scenes where ash rains from the sky. (Looks like burning debris and gray snow)
Another part of it is were a canine can break herself up into little nanotech spiky pulsing particles and gears by breaking apart her body. 90% of these scenes will be done with stylized shadow imagery to cheat animation time.

https://www.mediafire.com/view/9ily2a6h ... M.png/file
https://www.mediafire.com/view/8sexkz71 ... 0.jpg/file
slowtiger

Re: Never Used Particles

Post by slowtiger »

Particles haven't changed much over the years ...

I suggest you open the existing particle presets under Scripts and study their settings. There's a Rain already which you may find useful. Just play around with settings, and with emitter size and placement.
AS 9.5 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
AS 11 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
Moho 13.5 iMac Quadcore 2,9GHz 16GB OS 10.15

Moho 14.1 Mac Mini Plus OS 13.5
Víctor Paredes
Site Admin

Post by Víctor Paredes »

I did this webinar some time ago. It could help you to achive what you are looking for:
Image Image Image Image
Moho Product Manager

www.mohoanimation.com
Rigged animation supervisor in My father's dragon - Lead Moho artist in Wolfwalkers - Cartoon Saloon - My personal Youtube Channel
NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

I really appreciate both of your advice. I lately have had an extra load on my life and so I have been working on 'easier' parts of the animation and I haven't had time to tackle this newer part yet. Still I appreciate this advice greatly! I know I really need to upgrade or something but don't have the funds as of yet. But I am excited to be getting back into things.

It's been a few years since I was really able to use this program. Closer to eight years on other programs. I am realizing how outdated and out of touch I am with many technological advancements.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Don't fret about that. Although new versions of programs are nice, I find that I still can do (and do) about 90% or more of my jobs with 10 yr old versions or even older. My Photoshop is from 2010 and still works fine (but I own Affinity already).

NanotechBeasts

Post by NanotechBeasts »

What is Affinity? Looks like a drawing vector program?
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Affinity is the maker, its programs are called Photo, Designer and Publisher, and are able to replace Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign (the unholy Adobe Trinity).