Bone Dynamics receives a large momentary force and runs amok!

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mionorz

Bone Dynamics receives a large momentary force and runs amok!

Post by mionorz »

Hi!!! I am enjoying the enhanced bone dynamics features of MOHO14.
I plan to automate my animations as much as possible with dynamics. :D

However, it is plagued by a bone dynamics problem that has existed for some time.:(

There are two problems. Both of them cause the dynamics to behave in a rampant manner without control of the enormous force. And the character's body gets messed up as if it had been in a car accident. In the case of angle-limited bones, there are wiggle wobbles. The behavior becomes unstable.

The first is that when a dynamics-enabled bone or its children are restricted by a target or lock and then released, the bone tries to return to its original unrestricted position, creating more spring force than expected.

Second, when moving from frame 0 to frame 1, as in the first case, the bone dynamics go out of control. We believe that frame 0 is special in that it is temporarily locked and the first frame unlocks it, causing the abnormal force to be generated. (I tried moving the timeline where this occurred to the left and adjusting the rendering to start at frame 1, which reduced this problem.)

) When this raging bone dynamics occurs, it can be difficult to control and can take a lot of time to adjust. Or, the dynamics itself can be abandoned.

I suspect that the cause of this is in the calculations that handle the dynamics. I suspect that the difference between going from absolutely zero, or nothing, to a state of being, is transmitted to the bone as an extremum in the formula. Hopefully these issues will be resolved in the future.

This text was translated at DeepL
synthsin75

Re: Bone Dynamics receives a large momentary force and runs amok!

Post by synthsin75 »

Dynamics only react to the difference in values between one keyframe and the next and the time between them. The larger the change and the shorter the time in between, the larger the reaction.

When you untarget a bone, you just need to rotate it to point at the target on that same frame, and then you can animate it back more slowly than the snapping.

Do you have an example file showing the problem from frame zero to frame one? I'm not seeing that here.
mionorz

Re: Bone Dynamics receives a large momentary force and runs amok!

Post by mionorz »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:05 pm Dynamics only react to the difference in values between one keyframe and the next and the time between them. The larger the change and the shorter the time in between, the larger the reaction.

When you untarget a bone, you just need to rotate it to point at the target on that same frame, and then you can animate it back more slowly than the snapping.

Do you have an example file showing the problem from frame zero to frame one? I'm not seeing that here.
Thank you very much. We apologize for the delay in responding.
We are unable to give you the file that is causing the problem because it contains sensitive content.
If we find a solution after trying various methods, we will share the method with you again.