Crashing 13.5 file in 14 when I play it (has sound)

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

REngland

Crashing 13.5 file in 14 when I play it (has sound)

Post by REngland »

I'm on M1, and running 14.1. Whenever I open an older 13.5 project and press play, it crashes. I think its cuz it has sound. I don't want to remove the sound, its a music video, but bummer it wasn't fixed in 14.1. Looking forward to be able to use the new tools with them.
Am I the only one with this bug, or is it common for a lot of us?
SimplSam

Re: Crashing 13.5 file in 14 when I play it (has sound)

Post by SimplSam »

I assume you have tried playing the project without the media, or with the media muted?

Also ... what is the format of the media? and does that media play in another project - if that is the only content?
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
REngland

Re: Crashing 13.5 file in 14 when I play it

Post by REngland »

Okay, my bad... it's probably not the music track at all.
It was a wav file that I removed, but it still crashes when I hit play or drag the "line" on the timeline for a few seconds.
No problems with using the manipulate or transform tool in 0 or the timeline.
Funky error!

After deleting a bunch of stuff, I found the culprit. Not liking a switch layer for some reason. Oh well, I can create that.
Sorry to waste your time!
Panha

Post by Panha »

REngland wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:24 am I'm on M1, and running 14.1. Whenever I open an older 13.5 project and press play, it crashes. I think its cuz it has sound. I don't want to remove the sound, its a music video, but bummer it wasn't fixed in 14.1. Looking forward to be able to use the new tools with them.
Am I the only one with this bug, or is it common for a lot of us?
I got the problem too. When open file with 3D scenes from 13.5.5 in Moho 14.1 and click on play button, Moho 14.1 does not run smoothly.
REngland

Post by REngland »

In case anyone is curious, the switch layer was crashing 14.1 cuz I had "interpolate sub-layers" and "frame-by-frame drawing" both checked in the layers "Switch" tab. If only one is checked, it works fine. I'm still learning how all this works, so option 1 wins! :)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, that's interesting. Having those two on shouldn't crash Moho, of course, but, yeah, it doesn't make sense to have both on together because Interposte Sub-layers are only used for a Switch Layer, not FBF.

This might be an oversight. I'll check if this combo crashes my computer here, and mention it to the developers.