Customizing Tools panel

Whatever...

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Maestral

Customizing Tools panel

Post by Maestral »

Hello guys,
Thought spending some time tidying up things on the Tools panel and I remember there was a way to add groups to that panel.
I believe editing _tool_list.txt was the way to do it but I couldn't find Other group (which I planned to split into additional groups) in any of such files / one in the Custom folder, system folder... so I was not so sure how to approach this editing.

Search on the forum brought no reminders and no leads on such matter, hence this writing.

Just one more thing, while we're there with the Tools panel...

Would it be possible to set the panel to be wider than 4 icons in a row?
It's about my layout of windows and panels so expanding the timeline up is limited/locked with other panels. Undocking panel/s and placing them on other monitors would solve the thing but, due to these additional groups on it, perhaps there's a way for tools to remain on the main one?

I remember similar issues about panels were addressed earlier just not sure if panel width was part of it.
Last edited by Maestral on Sun Dec 31, 2023 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
synthsin75

Re: Customizing Tools panel

Post by synthsin75 »

Yes, you can add custom tool groups from the _tool_list.txt in your custom content folder. The Other group is the default for tools that have not been added to the list, below an existing group.

You can also manage tool groups through the Preferences>Tool Layout. You have to enable automatic tool list updates to do it there though. Pointing a newer version of Moho to this same custom content folder canl overwrite your changes, if auto-update is enabled.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Thanks a lot, Wes!
Wasn't sure which would be easier - try it out and fix it, if goes wrong or add 1 by 1 to fit the preferred order (if that would even work).
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Remember, you can hit ctrl+shift+alt+L to reload the scripts and see your changes. Will make any trial and error a little easier.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Thanks for the tip, Wes.
Editing _tool_list.txt went just as expected.

Full sails and steady sea in the New Chapter #2024!