"Import Object" not working correctly?

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BlueberryMuffins

"Import Object" not working correctly?

Post by BlueberryMuffins »

I'm working on a project that requires importing a model from another recent animation. However, when I choose the animation file I want to import from, it only shows models from an earlier version of that file. I've saved and refreshed both projects multiple times, and I've tried completely turning the computer off and on. When I go to the model's file it shows the most recent version; I only have this problem when trying to import the model. Any suggestions?
DK

Re: "Import Object" not working correctly?

Post by DK »

Are you importing the model via File/Import/OBJ 3D Model?
Cheers
D.K
teienkawi

Post by teienkawi »

open both (make sure there both show in the document tab bar) the project your working on and the one you want to copy from then from the one you want to copy from use the edit menu copy layer and then switch tab to the project your working on and go to the edit menu and press paste layer
DK

Post by DK »

Worse come to worse, open your project with the good file and use gather media to get a copy of the model and import.
Cheers
D.K
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

BlueberryMuffins wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:45 pm I'm working on a project that requires importing a model from another recent animation. However, when I choose the animation file I want to import from, it only shows models from an earlier version of that file. I've saved and refreshed both projects multiple times, and I've tried completely turning the computer off and on. When I go to the model's file it shows the most recent version; I only have this problem when trying to import the model. Any suggestions?
I've had that happen when I've had the "Object to be Imported" project file open at the same time. That might be the cause. If you think that's it, close the "Object" project file and try again.
teienkawi wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:18 am open both (make sure there both show in the document tab bar) the project your working on and the one you want to copy from then from the one you want to copy from use the edit menu copy layer and then switch tab to the project your working on and go to the edit menu and press paste layer
If all else fails, this always works.
BlueberryMuffins

Post by BlueberryMuffins »

Thank you all for the suggestions! I finally got it to work.