[Not a bug after all womp womp] Copy & Pasting Keyframes in 14.1

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

JoelMayer

[Not a bug after all womp womp] Copy & Pasting Keyframes in 14.1

Post by JoelMayer »

Anyone else get this? I had the problem that after awhile of working, if i would copy and paste Keyframes, Moho would suddenly start pasting them like miles ahead further down the timeline. At first i kept thinking it wasn't pasting at all until i suddenly had a bunch of unwanted keys later in the animation. I tried it out and noticed, that it was pasting them just not at the position of the playhead.
Last edited by JoelMayer on Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmmaarten

Re: Copy & Pasting Keyframes in 14.1

Post by mmmaarten »

JoelMayer wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 4:43 am Anyone else get this? I had the problem that after awhile of working, if i would copy and paste Keyframes, Moho would suddenly start pasting them like miles ahead further down the timeline. At first i kept thinking it wasn't pasting at all until i suddenly had a bunch of unwanted keys later in the animation. I tried it out and noticed, that it was pasting them just not at the position of the playhead.
Were you by any chance using multiselect to copy'n'paste keyframes from multiple layers? If so; it's using the currently selected layer (not in the layers panel, but in the timeline; those hard to see buttons displayed on top of the timeline) to use as start time. So if three layers are selected to copy from and the second one is the 'current' selection, it's using the first keyframe of that layer as a reference for the frame that is the first frame at the playhead when pasting. If this makes sense.

It's pretty confusing, especially at first and takes more actions to just copy'n'paste than needed, so IMO far from intuitive and way too complex and too many actions needed for something used so often and should be easy and simple. And it boggles me why this route was taken as I don't see any benefits honestly. It seems to serve a single, almost never happening situation, but making all the 99.9% other times way more complicated and error prone if you ask me.
Adults should play more often
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

That could be the answer, thanks Maarten! I'll pay attention next time where i'm copying and pasting and what and see if this was indeed the issue, totally possible.
mmmaarten

Post by mmmaarten »

JoelMayer wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:32 pm That could be the answer, thanks Maarten! I'll pay attention next time where i'm copying and pasting and what and see if this was indeed the issue, totally possible.
Also pay attention; I get the impression that its important to have the same ACTIVE LAYER when COPYing, as when you're PASTING! So the ACTIVE layer you have when copying should (I believe) be the same as the ACTIVE layer when pasting. To make it even more complicated :P
Adults should play more often
JoelMayer

Post by JoelMayer »

Aah okay i played around with it in an old file. I get it now. Well perhaps not ideal but i can live with it, at least now i know :D Thanks again!