Pixel perfect outlines with no antialiasing

Discuss ideas for new features with other users. To submit feature requests to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

El_Gabo

Pixel perfect outlines with no antialiasing

Post by El_Gabo »

Can we get pixel perfect outlines when we turn off antialiasing? I've always wanted this. This would be really helpful for low resolution or pixel art sort of animation styles and also for rendering line work that can simply be colored in other software.
When antialising is turned off, the line width just jitters, the line width is at 1 pixel in the pic below and the outlines just flat out disappear half the time. This just seems like a basic thing that I think Moho should be able to do.
BigBoiiiJones

Re: Pixel perfect outlines with no antialiasing

Post by BigBoiiiJones »

El_Gabo wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 6:24 pm Can we get pixel perfect outlines when we turn off antialiasing? I've always wanted this. This would be really helpful for low resolution or pixel art sort of animation styles and also for rendering line work that can simply be colored in other software.
When antialising is turned off, the line width just jitters, the line width is at 1 pixel in the pic below and the outlines just flat out disappear half the time. This just seems like a basic thing that I think Moho should be able to do.
I made a post about this during Moho 13.5 and was really disappointed when it wasn't fixed in version 14 with the engine upgrades. This is a huge problem for any Japanese anime style workflows since all the AA gets applied in compositing. They need to fix and or overhaul how the no AA distributes its pixels because on top of this it bulks up in weird places sometimes to.

Link to my post:

https://lostmarble.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66#p214266
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I agree. Sometimes I need to render without AA so I can apply certain post effects in After Effects more cleanly, and then I use the free OLM Smoother plugin to apply AA. But that workflow is no good when thin lines break up like this.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

+1.
DK

Post by DK »

+1. I've wanted this for some time too!
D.K