Moho gets slow down when zoom in in the canvas.

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Moho gets slow down when zoom in in the canvas.

Post by Panha »

Has anyone noticed this? When zoom in in the canvas while working with PSD files, for example when we want to work with facial expression of a character, we zoom in to the face of character, Moho's performance seem to be slow down. If you notice this, what causes it, and how can we solve this problem? ❤️
Daxel

Re: Moho gets slow down when zoom in in the canvas.

Post by Daxel »

I remember noticing a slow down that was dependent on zoom, yes. I concluded it was being caused by a combination of masks and shape effects like gradients, so not using that effect or disabling the display of shape effects or masks, both solved the slowdown.

I'm guessing your problem has a similar cause that is some kind of problem in the workspace rendering that Moho still have to iron out. Hopefully for the next patch.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Daxel wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:19 am I remember noticing a slow down that was dependent on zoom, yes. I concluded it was being caused by a combination of masks and shape effects like gradients, so not using that effect or disabling the display of shape effects or masks, both solved the slowdown.

I'm guessing your problem has a similar cause that is some kind of problem in the workspace rendering that Moho still have to iron out. Hopefully for the next patch.
Thank you. As you said, maybe the mask of the eye, and mouth groups of my characters. Disabling the effect does not matter much, but, disabling the mask makes the animation hard to see such as when the characters' eyes are blinking and the mouth is speaking. However, at least I know what causes the problems and how to solve. ❤️
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Only disabling the effect doesn't solve it? I think in my case I only had to disable one of those two, the display of the effects or the mask display, not necessarily both. In the end, I decided to not use the gradient effect and use the soft edge effect instead, so I can keep the display of both enabled in the workspace.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Daxel wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 12:15 pm Only disabling the effect doesn't solve it? I think in my case I only had to disable one of those two, the display of the effects or the mask display, not necessarily both. In the end, I decided to not use the gradient effect and use the soft edge effect instead, so I can keep the display of both enabled in the workspace.
It seems that we have the same problem with different solutions that are needed to be done. Have you tried it with PSD files? Edited: I face the problem not on Frame 0, but other than frame 0.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Panha wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:48 pm
It seems that we have the same problem with different solutions that are needed to be done. Have you tried it with PSD files? Edited: I face the problem not on Frame 0, but other than frame 0.
No, I haven't been working with PSD's. And yes, the slowdown didn't happen on frame 0 here, it seems to be like you said, same problem or same cause that moho needs to fix.