Custom Content Folder suggestion

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

krispykritters

Custom Content Folder suggestion

Post by krispykritters »

1. Can you "add" another option under Preferences, the General Tab, "Custom Content folder" where we can select a Video Rendering folder too?

When I render, it dumps to the Project folder and I have to select a different folder each time I render to my I:\ drive on the network.

Since MOHO files are tiny, I save those on C:\, so that's not a problem.

...d
Greenlaw

Re: Custom Content Folder suggestion

Post by Greenlaw »

Yeah, that's something I've been asking the devs about for years. There should be an option in Project Settings for a preferred output directory. that Moho Exporter and Export Animation uses by default when enabled. This would typically be a project-specific (i.e., scene- or shot-specific,) destination. I don't think anyone in the animation industry renders to the Moho project's folder, especially at a studio where multiple animation programs are used in a single production.

For now, I use Moho Exporter, which allows me to save a render profile for my project that includes the preferred output directory. I have to load this profile manually each time, but it's still a big timesaver, especially if I have multiple passes for the project. (BTW, Moho Exporter also features an excellent one-click button for breaking out render passes for programs like After Effects, Fusion, and Nuke. A really big time saver!)