Moho 14.1: Frequent crashes, guaranteed layer selector crash in advanced rig file

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Panha

Re: Moho 14.1: Frequent crashes, guaranteed layer selector crash in advanced rig file

Post by Panha »

Moho 14 or 14.1 performance seems to be worse than its previous verion. Some complicated files that could be opened In Moho 13.5.5 and worked just smoothly fine, does not work smoothly in Moho 14.1. Some files almost can't move at all when we try to navigate the files. There are some options have been dismissed from its previous version, such as enable GPU in preference, and the ability to turn on and off smooth image in the "Display Quality". When the files started to get a bit complicated expecially when converting vector to 3D, adding some texture and working with more PSD files, the program started to get slow. In previous version, it worked just find.
Daxel

Re: Moho 14.1: Frequent crashes, guaranteed layer selector crash in advanced rig file

Post by Daxel »

Panha wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:14 am Moho 14 or 14.1 performance seems to be worse than its previous verion. Some complicated files that could be opened In Moho 13.5.5 and worked just smoothly fine, does not work smoothly in Moho 14.1. Some files almost can't move at all when we try to navigate the files. There are some options have been dismissed from its previous version, such as enable GPU in preference, and the ability to turn on and off smooth image in the "Display Quality". When the files started to get a bit complicated expecially when converting vector to 3D, adding some texture and working with more PSD files, the program started to get slow. In previous version, it worked just find.
Moho 14+ has a few bugs that affect performance in very specific conditions, but in general it's more performant than its predecesors while at the same time displaying many more effects in the workspace. Your file probably has one or more of those elements that are currently affecting performance more than they should. Try disabling shape effects, works in some cases.

I think the best we can do is to identify those specific issues and their causes and reporting them so Moho continues fixing them.
Panha

Post by Panha »

Daxel wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:29 am
Moho 14+ has a few bugs that affect performance in very specific conditions, but in general it's more performant than its predecesors while at the same time displaying many more effects in the workspace. Your file probably has one or more of those elements that are currently affecting performance more than they should. Try disabling shape effects, works in some cases.

I think the best we can do is to identify those specific issues and their causes and reporting them so Moho continues fixing them.
Thank you, I have tried disable effect such as shape effect and layer effect. However, the performance was only a little bit different. For files that contain only flat images such png, and PDS, it work just fine, but I still feel that it does not perform as smooth as its previous versions did. For files that contains more 3D background (vector converted to 3D with image texture effect, and images (psd files) to 3D by using "rotate xy" too, for example 3D houses built by using "image + rotate xy tool"), almost can not be navigated at all in the viewport even when I tried disabling shape effect and layer effect. However, those files worked pretty smooth in the previous versions of Moho. ❤️
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

layer selector crashes for me now

here's a video(dont mind the digital circus)
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/908944680?share=copy[/vimeo]
Panha

Post by Panha »

I used to report the crush on layer selector once. I don't know if they had the same problem or not when checking the file. But this problem really happened. I hope that the next update will be okay.
Panha

Post by Panha »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:45 am layer selector crashes for me now

[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/908944680?share=copy[/vimeo]
I got the same behavior. When using layer selector, Moho starts to stop working and a second or two, it closes automatically.
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

@lostMarble, I tested the software in microsoft visual studio and got this

jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

Panha wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:21 pm
Daxel wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:29 am

For files that contains more 3D background (vector converted to 3D with image texture effect, and images (psd files) to 3D by using "rotate xy" too, for example 3D houses built by using "image + rotate xy tool"), almost can not be navigated at all in the viewport even when I tried disabling shape effect and layer effect. However, those files worked pretty smooth in the previous versions of Moho. ❤️
its my images!, the are on a 3d plane, yet im not selecting them
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

SimplSam wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:40 am OK - Now I have KaBoom 💥

I have also been able to recreate from scratch using other texture image content, in a document with a single layer and a single shape.

It appears to be a combination of the shape having an Image Texture and a Stroke Brush that triggers the issue when trying to alt-right-click select a layer.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f-n2zd ... sp=sharing

The issue has also been reported.
also happens when using splotchy or spots modifier
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

jeremiahbabers wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2024 5:45 am layer selector crashes for me now
It would help if you have a simplified project file with the problem that you can share.

Also to embed videos - just use the Video ID like: [vimeo]908944680[/vimeo]
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
jeremiahbabers

Post by jeremiahbabers »

ok so, i think i figured it out, when in 3d mode, any vectors with image texures set to 'tile' will crash layer selector.

try it with any image(also applies to when NOT in 3d mode but images are rotated x/z

edit: x/y rotated vectors with image textues dont crash moho during layer selection. actual rotated images does(but with a tiled image vector present)
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

I always use Alt RMB to select a layer, so I haven't noticed this issue. This is quicker than switching to a separate tool to do the same thing. Bonus: add Shift (Shift+Alt RMB) and you can select a layer's parent group.

Regardless, the Select Tool shouldn't be crashing Moho, so thanks for reporting it. I'll check it out there later today and report it if I'm getting the crash too.