Target and Smart Bones

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Scryfox

Target and Smart Bones

Post by Scryfox »

Hello! I have have been having a very strange issue when working with smart bones in a rig with target bones. It seems that whenever I try to move a smart bone beyond it's initial starting position, it causes all bones with targets to no longer point to their targets. The smart bone is parented to the rig, but the bones with targets are not directly part of the chain to the root of the rig. In the smart bone's action itself, there are only two key points; one at frame zero and one at frame 300 ( in a 60 fps animation). My only thought is that somehow the bones with targets are being overridden by the moving smartbone, breaking the connection to the target, but with the only keyframes in the action being for the smartbone itself, I don't see why that would be. Thanks for your help!
Thanks for all you guys do for the community! =D
Daxel

Re: Target and Smart Bones

Post by Daxel »

I thought the same.

If you can share a moho file, even if you only leave the skeleton, we can take a look.
Scryfox

Post by Scryfox »

Thanks! I uploaded it to filebin here: https://filebin.net/pii6lc0zowfuy56q
Scryfox

Post by Scryfox »

Looks like it is almost certainly that the target bone is losing it's influence for some reason, no matter how you orient the rig before you add the target, moving the smart bone reverts it to that original position. It seems to occur whether or not the bone has a parent in the rig, and only when the action is activated by rotating the smart bone. Additionally, the action must have at least one keyframe (other than zero), though it happens even if the only thing with key frames in the action is the smart bone itself.