How to increase size layer interface? (More Questions)

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Popa

Re: How to increase size layer interface? (More Questions)

Post by Popa »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:08 pm Hopefully you do share the PSD with someone, so they can actually investigate it.
I'm down if you want. I would be forever grateful. I just cant wrap my head around this.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Yeah, you can PM me a link or share it in this thread. Whichever you're comfortable with.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

In the image layer settings, image tab, enabling Higher Quality Rendering seems to fix the problem.

Not sure why this is happening with those particular layers of your PSD. If I import the composite image, it doesn't show the issue.
I assume there was maybe a scaling of those particular layers/images at some point during creation. Maybe the resolution of these PSD layers is actually different, and Moho is applying the overall resolution to all layers. Just a guess, mind you, as I can't verify that.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, that makes me wonder if any Photoshop features like Smart layers, clipping masks, and any layer effects, are being used--basically features or options that don't make sense outside of the Adobe ecosphere. If something like that is active in the PSD, I would rasterize or merge those affected layers before bringing the layered PSD into a non-Adobe program like Moho. (First, make a backup copy before doing anything destructive of course.)
Last edited by Greenlaw on Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maestral

Post by Maestral »

Boy oh boy - accidental clipping masks are a proper item for Halloween.
Popa

Post by Popa »

synthsin75 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:21 pm In the image layer settings, image tab, enabling Higher Quality Rendering seems to fix the problem.

Not sure why this is happening with those particular layers of your PSD. If I import the composite image, it doesn't show the issue.
I assume there was maybe a scaling of those particular layers/images at some point during creation. Maybe the resolution of these PSD layers is actually different, and Moho is applying the overall resolution to all layers. Just a guess, mind you, as I can't verify that.
Problem solved!

I couldn't find the layer setting you are talking about to enable higher quality rendering, but I essentialy did the same thing with Project setting which I found accidentaly looking for your option.
Now dont laugh, I warned you all that Im a complete novice idiot, but project settings has been a life changer. My project setting was 1000x700 while my drawing is 2700x2000, even when I scaled down to 1000x700 in Krita it didnt help when I imported in Moho. Now I'm running my project close to 4k and its breathtaking. My video looks superb even when I zoom in completely on my face or zoom out. Its not just 4k, but everything on full hd looks great. The first notice of quality drop is 1000x700 (zoom out version) while other 2 versions stay solid through all options. I'm completely satisfied right now.
I'm now running various formats and resolutions to draw the final conclusion in which direction I want to head. I dont want to expierence this again. I did some research on scaling before I started to draw. I chose high resolution as you can see but now I'm going to experiment with it. Thank you all for patience.

There is however something wrong with my lower leg. Suggestion that I accidentaly changed scaling while drawing could be true, I dont know really. The line does look a bit different compared to all others. and I cant seem to fix it no matter what. But this is completely irrelevant now as everything looks perfect when I produce it in high res.

I have a course that I found 2 hours when it comes to rigging in moho but I didnt expect so much trouble getting there. Perhaps basic knowlegde on Moho was not a bad idea beforehand.
I know exactly what I want for my project. I envision every scene and dialogue and I dissect every element I need and try to learn step by step until my project is finished. I will post my video here once its finished and my gratitude to you all. So untill then bare with me and all the questions. :D