How to increase size layer interface? (More Questions)

Wondering how to accomplish a certain animation task? Ask here.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

Greenlaw

Re: How to increase size layer interface? (More Questions)

Post by Greenlaw »

Ah, that must be it, then.

I prefer Drop Selection (Bones and Points) with Esc because I've been using it that way forever and will keep Classic mode disabled.

I'm curious, though, what else does Classic mode do differently from the default? Some users have stated before that they prefer Classic mode, but I've never heard why.
Hoptoad

Post by Hoptoad »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:21 pmSome users have stated before that they prefer Classic mode, but I've never heard why.
Muscle memory! That's 100% my reason, at least. For example, when points are selected and I want to create a shape, my hand wants to do U > spacebar > Enter.

I admit, all of the newer options are better and faster than their classic iterations. But I'm keeping U > spacebar > Enter til I die.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Popa wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:07 pm I forgot to ask one more question regarding workspace or rather animating screen where everything is displayed, not sure how its named. Is there a short key to automaticaly make that full screen or other option instead of precisely trying to zoom in?
Alt+1 will hide everything except the workspace.
Popa

Post by Popa »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:23 pm
Popa wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 2:07 pm I forgot to ask one more question regarding workspace or rather animating screen where everything is displayed, not sure how its named. Is there a short key to automaticaly make that full screen or other option instead of precisely trying to zoom in?
Alt+1 will hide everything except the workspace.
Thats another good one.

I tried deleting my bones and I couldnt find the delete button for the life of me. So frustrating.
So I ended up in selecting the bone, edit> clear or cut. I believe my bone has finaly been deleted. Just to confirm, clear is the same as delete?

Is linking bones from Moho 14 same as flexi binding in 13.5?
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

synthsin75 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:23 pm Alt+1 will hide everything except the workspace.
Moho trivia time: For anyone using Moho 12.5 and earlier, the shortcut for this is the Tilde key...which used to make me nuts because Tilde is right under the Esc key, which I used for Drop Selection and I would frequently hit Tilde by mistake. Even worse, when I pressed Tilde again to go back to normal view, it would redock some of the secondary windows I wanted to keep undocked.

Lost Marble changed this to Alt+1 and fixed the re-docking in Moho 13.5 . (Thank goodness!) :D
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:21 pm
I'm curious, though, what else does Classic mode do differently from the default? Some users have stated before that they prefer Classic mode, but I've never heard why.
For confirming actions like create shape or bind points or weld using space, which is always under my left thumb, instead of getting up, taking my keys, go out, find my car, and drive to the enter key.

The problem is that space is also used to play the timeline and it usually knows what you want to do* but sometimes it doesn't and it's very annoying. And Moho doesn't let you define a key for this, so I ended using x-mouse button control to bind the enter key to an extra button in my mouse.

*Edit: this is what I meant, as explained by Wes (synthsin75): "When you're on a frame other than zero, spacebar prioritizes playback, but if you hold space down for a bit before letting go, it will do the other function without playing the timeline."
Last edited by Daxel on Wed Oct 18, 2023 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Popa wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:34 pm I tried deleting my bones and I couldnt find the delete button for the life of me. So frustrating.
So I ended up in selecting the bone, edit> clear or cut. I believe my bone has finaly been deleted. Just to confirm, clear is the same as delete?
I just select the bone an press delete. Make sure you're on the Setup frame (frame 0). You can't delete a bone on an animation because that could be very bad during animation.
Is linking bones from Moho 14 same as flexi binding in 13.5?
Yes. They changed the terminology in Moho 14 because 1.) Use Selected Bones For Flexi-Binding was a mouthful, and 2.) Link Bones To Layer is clearer about what the command does. Note that you can link more than one layer to a bone at a time; just shift click all the layers you want to link and select the command (Ctrl+Shift+F,) or use the new Link Bones button.

Edit: Clarification: Link Bones to Layer is the same as Use Selected Bones For Flexi-Binding, but it is not the same as Flexi-Binding in general. Regualr Flexi-binding means the layer is affected by all bones; Link Bones To Layer means a layer is affected by some bones, not all of them.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Daxel wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:33 pm The problem is that space is also used to play the timeline and it usually knows what you want to do but sometimes it doesn't and it's very annoying... so I ended using x-mouse button control to bind the enter key to an extra button in my mouse.
That's very interesting! I never thought about using the extra buttons on my mouse for anything, but now I will.

Yeah, I just use Enter to create a shape. More specifically:

1. Click on curve edge to select all points.
2. Press U for Create Shape tool.
3. Press Enter to create a shape.

At this point, that's muscle memory for me. It's not any more keys to press, but I can understand how the location of the 'create' key can matter to some.

I wish I could press and hold U and press enter at the same time, so when I release U it goes back to the previous tool. Press-and-hold works for other tools in Moho, but I guess there's just too much going on in this one. No biggie.

For me, (with the default setting,) Space Bar is Play on tap and it's Grabber on hold. This behavior is consistent with almost every program I use, so I prefer that.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Greenlaw wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:24 pm
At this point, that's muscle memory for me. It's not any more keys to press, but I can understand how the location of the 'create' key can matter to some.
All my keyboard shortcuts are meant to be pressed with the left hand without even having to look at the keyboard, so I never have to release the mouse or the stylus and my eyes are always looking at the screen. That makes me quite fast. It's like a gaming mentality. I recomend it.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Daxel wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 4:33 pm For confirming actions like create shape or bind points or weld using space, which is always under my left thumb, instead of getting up, taking my keys, go out, find my car, and drive to the enter key.

The problem is that space is also used to play the timeline and it usually knows what you want to do but sometimes it doesn't and it's very annoying. And Moho doesn't let you define a key for this, so I ended using x-mouse button control to bind the enter key to an extra button in my mouse.
I always use Classic keyboard shortcuts. When you're on a frame other than zero, spacebar prioritizes playback, but if you hold space down for a bit before letting go, it will do the other function without playing the timeline.
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

synthsin75 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:56 pm
I always use Classic keyboard shortcuts. When you're on a frame other than zero, spacebar prioritizes playback, but if you hold space down for a bit before letting go, it will do the other function without playing the timeline.
Thank you, I knew someone told me about a solution for this before (I'm guessing it was you) but I couldn't remember it. At the end I decided to keep using the mouse button because I found it simpler for me.
Popa

Post by Popa »

I'm back again.

I created an animation with my first character and I've noticed a couple of flaws in my design so I have to go back in Krita, but there is something else. I told you about my scaling concern, it looks like I dont have to worry about android users at all, infact my animation looks best on small screens. I have only one issue and thats my shin bones or lower legs.
Before I export everything looks oke, heck even in animation preview/full screen everything looks clean, but once I start to export render my shin looks horrible.

This is how it looks before render:

After:

These are my standard settings:

What am I doing wrong? Should I just go in Krita and use different brush and thicker line?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Popa wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:49 pm

What am I doing wrong? Should I just go in Krita and use different brush and thicker line?
I'm not sure but this looks like it could be related to a current problem with some image size ratios. You can read more about it and how to solve it here just using a different ratio:

viewtopic.php?p=214345&hilit=image+ratio#p214345
Popa

Post by Popa »

Daxel wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:11 am
Popa wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:49 pm

I'm not sure but this looks like it could be related to a current problem with some image size ratios. You can read more about it and how to solve it here just using a different ratio:

viewtopic.php?p=214345&hilit=image+ratio#p214345
I've got bad news. I went from 2000x2500 to 1080x 1440 and it made no difference, same issue with 1080x1920. I changed my size through krita as psd file.
Since I read this might be only related to moho 14, I tried 13.5 pro and I have the same issue. I dont know whats going on.
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Popa wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:49 pm This is how it looks before render:

After:

Hmm...so, it looks okay in preview but renders chunky? That's a new one to me.

Are you exporting PSD from Krita? If so, what are your export settings?

It's been a while since I used Krita with Moho, but I'll check it out tonight.