Reference layers breaking! Videos included...

Discuss Moho bugs (or suspected bugs) with other users. To report bugs to Smith Micro, please visit support.smithmicro.com

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

kgeetvcartoons

Reference layers breaking! Videos included...

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

Reference layers that I had for a previous and a new character are doing some weird stuff. They break when I do a body turn. It worked fine in 13.5. Even worked fine a couple of weeks ago but now it breaks.
I've updated this thread. The reference layers break when you open up a layer box in "Smart bone creation mode"! This is definitely a GLITCH that needs to be addressed.

Note: The box with the visibility, depth sort etc...tab doesn't show up on the video. It's the box that opens up when you "double click" any layer.

Here's a links to a video to show the problem better that I can tell it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z_2Svr ... sp=sharing
Last edited by kgeetvcartoons on Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SimplSam

Re: Reference layers breaking! Videos included...

Post by SimplSam »

Google Drive link says: "You need access"
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

SimplSam wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:24 am Google Drive link says: "You need access"
I'll try to upload again. I know the last link I put says that but this link shouldn't. Can you try again?
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Hard to know. I have the feeling that the reason the arm dissapears is the same that causes the "glitch". If you can upload the moho file I will take a look.
neilhammers

Post by neilhammers »

kgeetvcartoons wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:53 pm I'll try to upload again. I know the last link I put says that but this link shouldn't. Can you try again?
Could you confirm that it is actually the same arm shape as in unbroken version? You might have some smart Action there for two arm copies with visibility keys, so this could be just them switching. Yet, better provide scene file.
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

Thanks for answering me back. I'm updating a lot of my characters and when and if I get to the problem again I'll send the file to look at. I don't know how to upload it on here but I'll figure it out if I need to. I'll see if the update fixed the issue.
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

Oh yeah it was the exact same arm
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

neilhammers wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:30 pm
kgeetvcartoons wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 10:53 pm I'll try to upload again. I know the last link I put says that but this link shouldn't. Can you try again?
Could you confirm that it is actually the same arm shape as in unbroken version? You might have some smart Action there for two arm copies with visibility keys, so this could be just them switching. Yet, better provide scene file.
Here is a another link to what's happening. I'm traveling and using my laptop and I thought that the mike was on so the video is silent but you can see that I started a "torso turn" from scratch with me changing the visibility of the main arm off and turning the visibility of the reference on and this is what happens. They animation breaks. I'm doing this because I seperate my torso turn and my leg turns. Because of that the arm breaks and a work around is using reference layers. This process worked fine in the previous version of Moho. In this version this happens.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AEsdVB ... sp=sharing
neilhammers

Post by neilhammers »

Sorry, for the late answer, stopped to use the Forum since found Moho on Discord.
As to your video update, as much as I could comprehend what Moho is reacting on your actions, all seems logical to me. Yet, you are hiding the arm, instead you could animate its order among other layers, or, have a Front Arm and Rear Arm which you hide/show interchangeably; at least that's what I would have done for body turn.
And, you are saying that reference layers break, which I could not make out from the video. Besides, I remember reading headlines of this sort, and that really be might be a problem; to me doing anything with References simply crashes Moho, can't help much.
Anyways, you could help yourself more by providing also a scene file, otherwise it is really hard to guess what you are after from mute recording.
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

neilhammers wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:03 pm Sorry, for the late answer, stopped to use the Forum since found Moho on Discord.
As to your video update, as much as I could comprehend what Moho is reacting on your actions, all seems logical to me. Yet, you are hiding the arm, instead you could animate its order among other layers, or, have a Front Arm and Rear Arm which you hide/show interchangeably; at least that's what I would have done for body turn.
And, you are saying that reference layers break, which I could not make out from the video. Besides, I remember reading headlines of this sort, and that really be might be a problem; to me doing anything with References simply crashes Moho, can't help much.
Anyways, you could help yourself more by providing also a scene file, otherwise it is really hard to guess what you are after from mute recording.
How do I upload the file on here? I have no clue how to do it.
neilhammers

Post by neilhammers »

kgeetvcartoons wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 10:29 pm How do I upload the file on here? I have no clue how to do it.
You can't here I guess. Upload to cloud and share the link.
Even better, join the Discord, where more people mean quicker answers.
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

Ok cool. I have to get discord. I'm uploading a new video with sound. My Mic was not working in the last video.
kgeetvcartoons

Post by kgeetvcartoons »

Ok here's another issue with a character I'm updating. Reference acting crazy again. I think that I have sound on this one.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cGEcn2 ... sp=sharing