MOHO14 user manual

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

mohgirl

MOHO14 user manual

Post by mohgirl »

Have you successfully opened the MOHO14 user manual? It seems to be a webpage rather than a PDF file, and every click seems to have no response
Greenlaw

Re: MOHO14 user manual

Post by Greenlaw »

Yes, the manual is a 'wiki' style page now. I believe they switched to this format to make revisions more instant.

The links work here, so I'm not sure why it's unresponsive for you. Have you tried another browser? it should be compatible with any browser, but if it's not, it would be helpful to let them know.

FYI, I've only used the manual with Chrome and it's working fine for me.

I don't know if a PDF version is in the works. Maybe if enough users ask for it, they'll consider it? Or at least make a downloadable HTML version for those without internet connection? Just a thought.
Last edited by Greenlaw on Wed Oct 11, 2023 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

Greenlaw wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:37 am Yes, the manual is a 'wiki' style page now. I believe they switched to this format to make revisions more instant.

The links work here, so I'm not sure why it's unresponsive for you. Have you tried another browser? it should be compatible with any browser, but if it's not, it would be helpful to let them know.

FYI, I've only used the manual with Chrome and it's working fine for me.

I don't know if a PDF version is in the works. Maybe if enough users ask for it, they'll consider it? Or at least a downloadable HTML version for those without internet connection? Just a thought.
Neither Firefox nor Google Chrome can access it. Display 'This seems to be taking a longer than expected...' Try agan
DK

Post by DK »

Confirmed. Working here too.
Cheers
D.K
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Works here too. Could be something related to your internet provider?

What I don't like is how the search options are way more limited with this new web version.

If you use the web's search bar you only get results of the words that appear on the tittles. If you try to use your browser's search you can't because you never have access to the full text, you'll had to search section by section. And the web's print option also works only for the section you are in, so you can't use it to convert the whole manual to PDF to be able to have it offline or, again, make a proper search.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Daxel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:59 am Works here too. Could be something related to your internet provider?

What I don't like is how the search options are way more limited with this new web version.

If you use the web's search bar you only get results of the words that appear on the tittles. If you try to use your browser's search you can't because you never have access to the full text, you'll had to search section by section. And the web's print option also works only for the section you are in, so you can't use it to convert the whole manual to PDF to be able to have it offline or, again, make a proper search.
I **think** the search options are not within Moho's scope to change. The wiki is "just" a different interface into Google Drive. And other (Google Drive) users are also asking for full text search: https://feedback.youneedawiki.com/542
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

I think it's related to Google services, we can't access Google drive
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

mohgirl wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:37 am I think it's related to Google services, we can't access Google drive
do you need to be signed in to a google account to access the google apps??? (from the google.com - or your local version -- I'm on google.co.uk) there's the "apps" button near top right -- what can you see if you click on it?
mohgirl

Post by mohgirl »

hayasidist wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:47 am
mohgirl wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 9:37 am I think it's related to Google services, we can't access Google drive
do you need to be signed in to a google account to access the google apps??? (from the google.com - or your local version -- I'm on google.co.uk) there's the "apps" button near top right -- what can you see if you click on it?
Unable to log in to Google account because Google is prohibited here and cannot access any Google products
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

mohgirl wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:38 pm Unable to log in to Google account because Google is prohibited here and cannot access any Google products
oh!!!!!
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

Definitely could use a downloadable and fully searchable version.
DK

Post by DK »

I tried an online website to pdf converter but it only grabs the first page. The rest of the pages remain online links.
D.K
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

Hmm. I tried the full version of Acrobat, which has an option to convert an entire website to PDF, but it didn't work either.

I'm not an expert at this but looking at the URLs, this doesn't appear to be structured like a regular HTML website, which is probably what Acrobat is looking for.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

Greenlaw wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:19 am ... this doesn't appear to be structured like a regular HTML website, which is probably what Acrobat is looking for.
that's right -- If I've read the description correctly, each page is a separate file in Google Drive https://youneedawiki.com/
dstofka

Post by dstofka »

I can view the manual and click to navigate the different pages, but the Search function seems to have no effect, both in Firefox and Chrome (Windows).