Action Panel FOLDERS

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

BrianLucas

Action Panel FOLDERS

Post by BrianLucas »

Hi, I miss the action panel folders in Moho 12. It was great to have thousands of action organized. They should implement that back into Moho. Did it cause any problems? Well, they should fix it.

synthsin75

Re: Action Panel FOLDERS

Post by synthsin75 »

That was 13.0, and yes, it caused a problem. It could easily cause actions to be orphaned and no longer work. Since 13.5 was based on 12.5, it's not about fixing it. It would be about recreating the feature from scratch.

I think everyone would like to have it back, and working this time, but I wouldn't chose to give up any new v14 features to do so.
Greenlaw

Re: Action Panel FOLDERS

Post by Greenlaw »

Oh, yeah, that was back in Moho 13.0 (the last Smith Micro version,) and I had very mixed feelings about that feature. The folders idea was good, and for a brief time, I loved being able to organize my Actions. But that was before I discovered Moho 13.0 completely broke the Actions system and rendered the software useless for serious production work.

Lost Marble saved Moho by releasing Moho 13.5, but they had to fall back to Moho 12.5 code to do it. (Thank goodness!)

That said, yes, I'm all for improvements to the Actions window, maybe including the reintroduction of folders. I would also like to see improvements to the Styles window, and a new window added for managing Bones (i.e, bone groups as selection sets for keyframing animation and visibility.)