about smart bone actios copy

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SimplSam

Re: about smart bone actios copy

Post by SimplSam »

Daxel wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:38 pm I opened this file and Windows detected a trojan "Wacatac" virus and put it in quarantine. Chrome also detects a virus. I don't think this is a false positive. You should delete that link from your comment and I recomend you to check your system.
When you say "this file" - do you mean the 1.rar file? I didn't have a problem with this or its contents - on up to date Win11, Chrome and MalwareBytes.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

That's strange. Here on windows 10 that 1.rar file was detected as Trojan:Script/Wacatac.B!ml the three times I tried to open it (yep not very smart). I don't know may be a false positive but this would be the first time for me in a decade or more.
hayasidist

Post by hayasidist »

all clean here too - Norton A/v Win 10
Daxel

Post by Daxel »

Yes I downloaded it again and now chrome and also windows don't find any virus. Not knowing much about security, I would find very strange that both chrome and windows give the same false positive at the same time multiple times, and then both stop doing it at the same time, unless chrome is just using windows information to make its claim. I don't know.