Image fill not showing when selected

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

SuperSGL

Image fill not showing when selected

Post by SuperSGL »

It only seems to happen when the shape I'm adding an image texture to is in a group mask. I selected the bottom layer (select shape) which is set to 'don't mask this layer' And changed the fill to an image. While selected it wasn't showing up in the view port. If I select another object or just unselect it the image shows up. I have the handles to manipulate the texture but can't see it. This doesn't happen in 13.5. A regular group layer works as it should, as well as shapes on there own layers.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SuperSGL

Re: Image fill not showing when selected

Post by SuperSGL »

I did a test with just a normal group layer it was fine. Changed it to a mask layer the img.tex is on the bottom layer (of 3) that was fine. When I selected the bottom layer and changed it to 'Don't mask this layer' The image disappears in the view port. Selecting anything else brings it back. Of course it renders fine as well.

edit: Same thing happens when using the crayon effect
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
SimplSam

Re: Image fill not showing when selected

Post by SimplSam »

I concur. This has now been reported as an addition to an existing issue related to Style Effects and GPU Caching.

You may notice that if you disable GPU Caching, then the image texture of the shape on the do-not-mask layer will not display at all (shape, layer - selected/unselected).
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam