Moho 14 Sample Projects & Splash Screen

General Moho topics.

Moderators: Víctor Paredes, Belgarath, slowtiger

crystalwave

Moho 14 Sample Projects & Splash Screen

Post by crystalwave »

Hello Everybody,

Long time listener, first-time caller.

I have recently upgraded from Moho 12 Pro to 14 having been impressed with the improvements (13 didn't quite hit the spot for me).

Historically, new versions have come with new sample projects to have a look at (as distinct from the tutorial files). Version 14 does not seem to have come with any additional ones, not even one reflecting the new character riding a dragon that is used throughout the promotional material and video intros. I never installed 13 so don't know if this started happening then (the Fox character in the case of that one).

Am I looking in the right place as there are none later that v12 when Bessie was the main one? (Windows 11 - C:\Program Files\Moho 14\Resources\Support\Pro\Startup)

It's also a shame the Splash/About screen is just a boring Moho on a black screen when again that has also reflected the same feature character which always gave me a happy feeling when I started it up that I was using a top-notch piece of software (which I still am, obviously).

Phew, made it through the first post alive and looking forward to getting more involved in the community.

Go Moho!
Ronbo

Re: Moho 14 Sample Projects & Splash Screen

Post by Ronbo »

There are two things that I noticed about the new version 14 that break precedent: no new sample start-up projects (as you said) and also, no PDF user manual. The manual seems to be online only, with no way to download.

The splash screen is similar to version 13.5, which was dark gray instead of black.
synthsin75

Post by synthsin75 »

I believe the Moho 13.5 new content (first release from LM) came in a free point release.
SimplSam

Post by SimplSam »

You can make your Splash screen whatever you like by storing it in: <custom content folder>/Custom App Resources/Images/splash/pro/splash.EN.png

** assuming you are using English Pro version. You need to create the folders.
Moho 14.1 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB
Moho 14.1 » Mac mini 2012 8GB » macOS 10.15 Catalina
Tube: SimplSam

Sam
crystalwave

Post by crystalwave »

SimplSam wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:59 pm You can make your Splash screen whatever you like by storing it in: <custom content folder>/Custom App Resources/Images/splash/pro/splash.EN.png

** assuming you are using English Pro version. You need to create the folders.
Oh, I like that. It works a treat but now I've got to decide what piece of my artwork I'd like as a splash screen. Argggh. Maybe I'll just stick with black :D
crystalwave

Post by crystalwave »

synthsin75 wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 11:43 pm I believe the Moho 13.5 new content (first release from LM) came in a free point release.
I finally found previous content is available through the Library Assets window. This includes content from Anime Studio 10 (where I came in) right up to Moho 13.5 (so the Fox et al is included) but still nothing new for version 14.
SuperSGL

Post by SuperSGL »

I believe The version 13 characters we didn't get till after 13.5 So maybe there is something in the works. As for the PDF version online looks like it maybe an editable document so it may change after any updates to version 14. That would be my guess and after the final update they'll probably have it as a download.
"Animation is not the art of drawings that move but the art of movements that are drawn."
Norman McLaren

My Animations
Greenlaw

Post by Greenlaw »

FWIW, I prefer the new online manual. Unlike the PDF version for 13.x, I like that Moho 14's online manual is properly bookmarked and searchable. This makes it easier to find the information I'm looking for.

(To be fair, the PDF for Moho 12.5 had proper bookmarks, but searching by page number could still be spotty depending on how you read the document, i.e., Adobe Acrobat vs. Google Chrome.)

Also, seeing how the manual is now a wiki-type document, it's probably easier for LM to revise the content as often as necessary, and the changes will be immediately available to Moho users. I imagine this also means images, gifs, etc., are less likely to become broken now.

I do hope a PDF version will become available at some point for users without internet access. I'll still want that for when I'm on the road and cut off from civilization. :D
strider2000

Post by strider2000 »

Recently got the announcement of 14 (was on vacation for a couple of weeks) and was so impressed I immediately got the upgrade. I also was looking for some of the 14 content, similar to previous releases, because it always helps me learn how to use the new tools (ie studying what was done in the files). I hope some samples files come out, but I'm really excited to start playing with the new Moho. Great job team!